: Problems with 2007 Escalade Audio System

Marine One
02-08-07, 01:55 PM
Anyone have problems with the radio? The volume sometimes "sticks" at one setting and you can't adjust the volume up or down from where it's set. You have to shut off the power to the radio and then turn it back on - that takes care of it. Weird.

hcvone
02-08-07, 02:10 PM
I have not heard of that, how often does that happen?

sj1400
02-08-07, 02:28 PM
Do you have the regular radio OR the NAV unit ?

EscaladeguyCA
02-09-07, 01:42 PM
I don't know if you are having the same problems as Edmunds Review, but the link is attached for your reference if helps:

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=115128/pageNumber=2

wookerNokturnal
02-10-07, 04:33 AM
I don't know if you are having the same problems as Edmunds Review, but the link is attached for your reference if helps:

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=115128/pageNumber=2

Cool that help for that problem
Thanks

EscaladeguyCA
02-11-07, 08:58 PM
Cool that help for that problem
Thanks

What problems did you have and did the dealer fix it already?

Jackalope Eye
02-12-07, 08:21 PM
Man, finally I can take this article to my local dealership and show them that I'm not making this crap up. I even duplicated the problem to the service writer (or whatever you call him) and later that day he calls and tells me the techs can't find anything wrong with it.

So, now I want to know, can they fix it?

yourgmsolutions
02-12-07, 08:32 PM
Man, finally I can take this article to my local dealership and show them that I'm not making this crap up. I even duplicated the problem to the service writer (or whatever you call him) and later that day he calls and tells me the techs can't find anything wrong with it.

So, now I want to know, can they fix it?

tell them to recalibrate your radio through TIS. I know there are new updates available already.
I had same issue with one of their customer. and of course dealer tried to blame me for it, just because I put some headrest TVs in it. How redicilous is that ?
So I just simply reprogrammed his radio, loaded new software, and that was the end of it.

ewill3rd
02-12-07, 08:55 PM
Is this the super-nav or the regular radio?
I know there are indeed lots of software updates for several models of radios in the '07 Escalades.
If you can hold out until March there will be another one around the 19th that will address some more hardware issues.

Jackalope Eye
02-12-07, 09:17 PM
I have the Navi system.

I also have random discs eject when I try and eject the disc that is playing. It's a big pain in the arse.

ewill3rd
02-12-07, 09:48 PM
I know the lead engineer for that radio told me they expect a new calibration to be available on March 19th.
As I said, I know there to be several updates for that radio already.
Just between you, me, and the rest of the world here... LOL... I am told they have been having issues with the manufacturer of the drive units. I had a problem one that I took out and sent back to engineering for analysis and it ended up getting shipped back to the manufacturer so they could figure out why it messed up.

If they do the software updates and you still have problems they should be able to replace the unit for you.
Getting it to do for them what it does to you is the best way to get it fixed. These units are still on "parts restriction" so they are hard for us to replace because we have to jump through lots of hoops to get them to release one to us. It is about a $4,000 unit so they don't give them to us easily.

LLT
02-12-07, 10:00 PM
I had problems with the original nav unit. It would cut out after 30 minutes of use and wouldn't turn back on until you let the car cool off for another 30 minutes. It ended up getting replaced and the new one has been problem free since, but as ewill3rd said, it involves getting special authorization from GM - essentially assuring it is in fact bad.

Jackalope Eye
02-13-07, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys. I will wait until the new software update but now I know I will have to fight for it.

:mad:

ewill3rd
02-13-07, 05:49 PM
If a bulletin comes out when the new software is available I will try to post it so you can take it to your dealers. That way they won't really want to argue with you.

Jackalope Eye
02-14-07, 04:26 PM
Thank you. That will help me so much.