: Lost key FOB

nbomar
02-07-07, 12:53 PM
Ok so last weekend was my birthday and I at some point during the drunken celebration :alchi: lost the Key FOB for my 2007 Lade'. I've looked through my whole house and can't find it. Anyone have any idea how much a new FOB and key is going to cost? Are the key's programmed with a chip like some of the newer vehicles these days? I don't like having only 1 set of keys just in case I lose these....

erf2u
02-07-07, 01:33 PM
Key FOB's surely more expensive from your dealer. However, on eebahy, you will find them going from $10 each, to about $50 each. I just got 2 FOB's for $10 each a few weeks ago.

As for the Key, I am not certain about an 07, if they have the internal chip. Surely someone will answer that soon.

Goodluck! Definitely keep a spare.

LLT
02-07-07, 03:13 PM
The 07 keys do have transponders. You can get the keys for about $15 on eBay and you can program both the fob and key yourself without dealer intervention.

nbomar
02-08-07, 01:54 PM
Where can I get the instructions to program them?

LLT
02-08-07, 02:51 PM
Key

1. Place an already programmed key in the ignition.

2. Cycle the ignition from OFF to ON (RUN) to OFF.

3. Within 15 seconds, insert the new key. Turn the key to ON (RUN) or START. The "Security" indicator light will go on and off. Turn the key "OFF".

The key will now start the vehicle.

FOB

The Driver Information Center (DIC) display allows you to match the remote keyless entry transmitter to your vehicle. To match a remote keyless entry transmitter to your vehicle, do the following:

1. Press the vehicle information button until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press the set/reset button.
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for approximately 15 seconds.

On vehicles with memory recall seats, the first transmitter learned will match driver 1 and the second will match driver 2
4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat step 3 with each new transmitter. Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.
5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to the OFF/LOCK position.

seanlibbert
11-14-07, 09:46 AM
Let me ask you this:

what if by some reason, you do not have a programmed key?

What now? :crying:

seanlibbert
11-14-07, 09:54 AM
Let me ask you this:

what if by some reason, you do not have a programmed key?

What now? :crying:

TSS
11-14-07, 04:15 PM
The 07 keys do have transponders. You can get the keys for about $15 on eBay and you can program both the fob and key yourself without dealer intervention.

My dealer simply cut a key for me - no programming - nothing. I watched him cut the key and simply hand it to me. They told me there was no chip in them anymore. The key works, so I tend to believe there is no chip anymore. If I am wrong, sorry...and if so, how would someone explain the above events (I am pretty sure I did not dream it.. :hmm: )