: 06 Rocker Panel Improvement Facts

GMJim
02-07-07, 07:44 AM
I knew the rocker area was greatly improved for 06, but I was curious as to exaclty what the difference was from 04/05. I pulled up the math and took a measurement from where the rocker panel was to where it is now. It measured 3.22 inches. Not only has my dry cleaning bill been reduced , but I don't think I will need a hip replacement now from swinging my leg out so far to get out. I also feel the sealing is much better. Not as much water, dirt, etc in the shut face area now. A small improvement that paid big dividends!

c5 rv
02-07-07, 08:36 AM
The old, wide door sills prevented me from considering the SRX when I bought my CTS in 2004. When I helped my wife transfer from her wheelchair, the wide sills were a killer. Everything works OK with the narrower sills in 2006.

GMJim
02-07-07, 10:00 AM
hear hear (clink) to the 06!

Smokin' SRX
02-14-07, 01:46 PM
I knew the rocker area was greatly improved for 06, but I was curious as to exaclty what the difference was from 04/05. I pulled up the math and took a measurement from where the rocker panel was to where it is now. It measured 3.22 inches. Not only has my dry cleaning bill been reduced , but I don't think I will need a hip replacement now from swinging my leg out so far to get out. I also feel the sealing is much better. Not as much water, dirt, etc in the shut face area now. A small improvement that paid big dividends!

Wish I had the '06, just for that alone! But I guesstimated 6-7 inch difference, (in door sill width) while looking, at a dealer who had both. But they were 200 yards away from each other!

Will probably get an 07 for the sills, power hatch and great overall size! The GMC Acadia I saw was nice.....but 5 inches wider! The new Lincoln MKX Crossover .....also a sweet ride. But 3 inches wider and NO power folding mirror option, like the Acadia has. So, the slightly narrower Caddy, fits my garage best , still!

And I love the looks we still get!! My friend died in a Toyota Highlander........of boredom and "bland-a-phobia" !!:yawn:

The Tony Show
02-16-07, 01:12 PM
To answer your question, I need to paint a mental picture here:

On the 2005 the sill plate "protrusion" was attached to the frame, and was visible when the door was closed, leading to dirty pants.

On the 2006, the sill plate is attached to the inside of the lower door skin and opens with the door. The plastic cladding on the door was extended lower to allow an attachment point for this piece. Now, since it goes out with the door you have a narrower step-over as well as nothing that is dirty touching your pants.

GMJim
02-17-07, 06:40 PM
yeah...........what you said.