: Remote Start

macklobell
02-07-07, 07:58 AM
I noticed that when I start my car with the remote start that it only stays on for 8 minutes and the car turns off.....Is this another lovely defect or is there settings to change the duration? Thanks in advance.

harryctsv
02-07-07, 08:48 AM
I noticed that when I start my car with the remote start that it only stays on for 8 minutes and the car turns off.....Is this another lovely defect or is there settings to change the duration? Thanks in advance.
Hi macklobell,
my STS export model doesn`t have this feature but I guess that`s probably a safety-point. Eight minutes is enough time to warm the car up and I think not many would let it run for an half hour or even longer.

Harry

harryctsv
02-07-07, 09:04 AM
Well, here I got it! I also have the US owner manual and on page 2 - 9 it says the engine will automatically shut off after 10 minutes.

Harry

jgrade
02-07-07, 09:53 AM
You can add 10 minutes by repeating the remote start feature, however, it is not as it sounds. If you repeat the remote start 5 minutes into the first start, you get a total of 15 minutes not 20 as expected. So in reality, you would need to add the 10 extra minutes at the tenth minute mark. Not really practical especially when the temp is 1 and -30 wind chill in Chi-town.

Kadonny
02-07-07, 10:22 AM
It's a little of a PIA, but I just used this last night. I realized about 5 or so minutes into the warming that I was not ready to go, so I hit the button again. I then had time to hit the head, pack up and get in the car before it shut itself off.

Also I finally figured out the settings for the heated seats and defroster for anyone that cares.

The defroster comes on automatically no matter what setting you have the heater if the temperature is cold enough (Will from Lindsay posted the exact temps the car and outside must be in the other thread). The heated seat only comes on if you have it turned on when you stop the car. It will set the seat temp to medium automtically on remote start up. Then when you start the car, you can adjust it.

It is cozy when the heated seat comes on for remote start, now all we need is to remote start the heated wheel too!