: Which shocks to use?

Hammondsix
02-07-07, 07:22 AM
I just got a pair of caprice wagon springs that im planning to put in my 94 FWB. Which shocks should i buy to go with them? I dont need/want a firmer ride at all. I just want smoooooooth and limited oscillation on the interstate. I was thinking sensatrac's

thanks

caddycruiser
02-07-07, 08:35 AM
Yeah, for as close to stock soft as you can get, it seems the Sensatracs fit that bill very well.

96Fleetwood
02-07-07, 09:32 AM
We put Gabriel shocks on my Dad's 96 Fleetwood 6 door Limo and they fit the bill nicely and were only $36.00 for the pair.

GenoTheLowrider
02-08-07, 01:20 AM
I just put Sensatacs on the back of my 89 Bro, they are perfect I belief for what u are looking for...
--Geno TL

Hammondsix
02-08-07, 11:50 AM
thanks

BCs71
02-08-07, 02:33 PM
I just got a pair of caprice wagon springs that im planning to put in my 94 FWB. Which shocks should i buy to go with them? I dont need/want a firmer ride at all. I just want smoooooooth and limited oscillation on the interstate. I was thinking sensatrac's

thanks

If you are ditching your level air ride, then why not get standard replacement gas shocks found in B-body cars? Wagons, Caprice sedans, Roadmaster are all good choices to give you a nice soft ride for non-performance apps.

caddycruiser
02-08-07, 03:11 PM
If you are ditching your level air ride, then why not get standard replacement gas shocks found in B-body cars? Wagons, Caprice sedans, Roadmaster are all good choices to give you a nice soft ride for non-performance apps.

That's essentially what he's doing--the shocks he'd use would BE for one of those cars and/or the Fleetwood. Unless you were talking OEM...but in that regard, the cost likely isn't worth it compared to a good aftermarket like Monroe.

Jed95fwb
02-08-07, 04:17 PM
I was worried about ride degradation when I replaced my shocks, so I went with the OEM GM shocks for the car. 30k later, they're still doing fine. I have heard on other forums I belong to that Gabriel will give a softer ride than Monroe for less $$$

arivera
02-09-07, 07:32 PM
I'm trying to do the same thing to my 93 fleetwood. I'm not too familiar with names yet, but I believe ?Bilstin? was pretty popular. I gotta research that.

Johnny Bravo
02-10-07, 09:56 PM

For a soft, smooth ride wagon springs are not the way to go, they are much firmer than coupe/sedan B-body springs.

As mentioned, if deleting the air ride go with standard, non-heavy duty B/D body sedan coil springs and regular shocks. I tried the Sensa-tracs and hated them, too bouncy.
Monroe Gas-Matic plus was much better, and half the price of the Sensa-craps
The Gabriels are made in Mexico.

Hammondsix
02-11-07, 10:00 PM
The wagons and fleetwoods weigh the same, I have not put the in there yet but ill let you know about the ride.

caddycruiser
02-11-07, 11:42 PM
There's nothing at all excessively stiff about wagon springs--like was said, a lot of them also had leveling shocks, so some were just like the Fleetwood's--but if you no longer have a working air ride, you need springs heavy duty enough to lift the big butt of this car off the ground with regular shocks. Hence the recommendation for 9C1 springs...and hopefully the wagon springs work out fine too.

Hammondsix
02-15-07, 04:55 PM
I did the swap today. It rides much better now. I can really reccomend the wagon/sensatrac combination. The rear is now exactly where it needs to be. Its smooth but not bouncy. GREAT!

Thanks

caddycruiser
02-15-07, 07:52 PM
Great to hear! We need to get something figured out for our '93, and it's good to hear another successful combo.