: Sts-V questions

ChasJr
02-06-07, 11:41 PM
Hello,I am seriously considering getting a V and had a few questions that I hope you can answer.Widest 19 in wheel and tire,what can be done to make the car run low 12s high 11s and who can do it or get parts?All info greatly appreciated..Thanks Chas jr

Kadonny
02-07-07, 07:57 AM
Widest? I doubt anyone has gone wider than what is on there stock wise.

As far as the 1/4 times, there are a few mods that could easily get you into the 12's, but to go from there to the 11's would require significant modding imo of which I am not sure it has ever been done.

Dr. Design
02-07-07, 11:12 AM
Hello,
On a 3-piece configuration we think we can get an 11" wide in the back without any modifications to the fenders, body, or suspension. Here you will see a 10" wide in the rear. The dia is 20" in the rear and 19" in the front. As for the modifications. We have a package that will get you in the high 12's. We are working on a engine program that will yield somewhere between 550-600 horsepower. Please let us know if there are any questions.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/STSVWheel_Black_1copy.jpg
Thank you,

Hello,I am seriously considering getting a V and had a few questions that I hope you can answer.Widest 19 in wheel and tire,what can be done to make the car run low 12s high 11s and who can do it or get parts?All info greatly appreciated..Thanks Chas jr

caddyv8v
02-07-07, 12:44 PM
We are working on a engine program that will yield somewhere between 550-600 horsepower. Please let us know if there are any questions.

ok i have questions. what areas will be modified to provide that type of power. with a computer/intake upgrade (i have) i thought approx 500-515 at the crank is where the limit would be. are you considering a pulley change with fuel upgrades as well. let us know.

Dr. Design
02-07-07, 01:06 PM
Hello,
At this time we canít really elaborate on what is being done to make additional power as the items are still being prototyped. However we can assure you that it would be a considerable increase in power!!! We have a new cylinder head program, intake program, and ECU program. We are working on a stage 2 air intake system as well. This new modification will work in conjunction with the stage 1 air intake system. If you already have our ECU chip upgrade then we would provide a new tune for it and you are all set! Our current stage 1 power package will yield about 510-515 crank HP. Our stage 2 will be closer to 550-575. Stage 3 over 600. Just to let you know we have already developed a larger brake package for the STS V-Series to support the increase in power. Just testing the market to see if STS V-Series owners really want to go faster!

Thank you,

We are working on a engine program that will yield somewhere between 550-600 horsepower. Please let us know if there are any questions.

ok i have questions. what areas will be modified to provide that type of power. with a computer/intake upgrade (i have) i thought approx 500-515 at the crank is where the limit would be. are you considering a pulley change with fuel upgrades as well. let us know.

caddyv8v
02-07-07, 01:45 PM
thanks for the info. a 600hp sts-v would be the ultimate.

Dr. Design
02-07-07, 02:07 PM
We would certainly hope so! :yup:

thanks for the info. a 600hp sts-v would be the ultimate.

Davidstan
02-07-07, 07:07 PM
There would be interest for sure. 50 more horse would be my goal but im sure others would want more.

Tinmanx
02-07-07, 11:00 PM
I would definitely be interested in "bolt-on" upgrades for my STS-V. I would personally like to see my v capable of 12's in the quarter mile. I have been dissappointed in the lack of aftermarket speed parts for the STS-V. I am hoping that it is a matter of time before the after market really gets going.

Dr. Design
02-08-07, 10:56 AM
Hello,
You can go all the way up to our stage 2 power package with "bolt on" items. If you serious about running 12's with your STS V-Series, give us a call as we already have performance products that will get you there (chip, intake, and exhaust = 12 second 1/4 miles). Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

I would definitely be interested in "bolt-on" upgrades for my STS-V. I would personally like to see my v capable of 12's in the quarter mile. I have been dissappointed in the lack of aftermarket speed parts for the STS-V. I am hoping that it is a matter of time before the after market really gets going.