: clunk from front end

ctsfelix
02-06-07, 06:57 PM
heys guys i was wondering if any of u guys have this problem.its a clunk from the front end when going over dips or bumps.

cts-v_boyNJ
02-06-07, 07:06 PM
i have the same problem with my v as well. but i havent found out waht it is. one of my friends suggested that my shocks were making that sound because of the cold. but i honestly do not know if i believe that yet. sorry i could not help

austin
02-06-07, 07:40 PM
Not sure this will help... But the Hotchkis sway bars clunk, and they have a fix.. So, if either of you neglected to mention that you upgraded your swaybars to Hotchkis, that is the problem. If not, i would take it to the dealer. :)

SullenClothing
02-06-07, 08:34 PM
heys guys i was wondering if any of u guys have this problem.its a clunk from the front end when going over dips or bumps.

I had the same problem with my regular cts and now on my V. I took it in and told the guys about 10 times that it was a broken strut. They didnt listen and it still does it. New strut helped my old cts.

Vdrenaline
02-06-07, 08:43 PM

You most likely have one or two broken motor mounts.
If it only clunks over bumps it is likely only one is broken.
If you also have a rough idle then both engine mounts are broken.
Get it to the dealer before it damages anything else. I let mine go for a while and by the time I got it to the dealer, they had to replace every single bushing in the supension, transmission and differential. It also needed new contol arms. But it was the broken engine mount that started all of the trouble.

Good Luck!

mlimanti
02-07-07, 12:54 PM
Just had my V serviced for the same reason. They found that the one of the front shocks was leaking. New shocks and problem solved. Good luck

joshdctsv
02-07-07, 01:31 PM
You most likely have one or two broken motor mounts.
If it only clunks over bumps it is likely only one is broken.
If you also have a rough idle then both engine mounts are broken.
Get it to the dealer before it damages anything else. I let mine go for a while and by the time I got it to the dealer, they had to replace every single bushing in the supension, transmission and differential. It also needed new contol arms. But it was the broken engine mount that started all of the trouble.

Good Luck!

Can this be seen by us mere mortals? Can I lift my hood and check motor mounts?

I have had a clunk going over speed bumps forever, but have always assumed it was my b&b exhaust which hangs a bit loose.