: Key Fob

copeysnack2003
02-06-07, 11:50 AM
My girlfriend just purchased a 2007 Passat that has one of the coolest key fobs I've ever seen. I'm so jealous! There is no traditional key at all (not even the flip out one that volkswagen usually has). You insert the entire fob into the dash! There is s slim "key" you can pull out if you want to lock your vehicle and don't want to carry the fob around (like on the beach). It's just too cool.
When are American engineers going to get on the ball!

TheCaddyKidd
02-06-07, 04:45 PM
i think i know what your talking about.. my brother has a 2003 Mercedes Benz CLK and its a laser thing i think and when you get in the car the bob is shaped like a triangular design and you just put the tip in as if it is a key and turn very slightly and the car starts.. pretty cool.. although i think i like the STS design.. if im not mistaken you dont have to put any key in.. i think you just get in the car with the fob and press the start button.. i may be wrong though but i think thats what the service guy told me the one time..

The Black Dahlia
02-06-07, 05:59 PM
Key, Ignition, Turn, DRIVE... nothing better than the actual feeling of turning the KEY to start the engine... Some of the things were changing NOW, we will regret and want back in the future. Count on that...

"Dont know what you got, till its gone"

nbomar
02-06-07, 06:05 PM
Amen to "The Black Dahlia".....Lets not over complicate things....is it that hard to stick a key in the ignition....

erf2u
02-06-07, 06:19 PM
So True....but how often do you see someone actually use the Key to open the doors nowadays??? I even find myself fumbling for the Key FOB to unlock the doors when standing right at the door..could have been easier to use the key.....

It is just like the Television sets today...you could be standing right in front of the TV or Tuner box, looking for the remote just to change the channel or change the volume, but yet,instead of just pushing the little button, we spend our energy looking for the remote....

Just wait, at this rate, Key Fobs are going to be standard products for the homes soon enough....oh wait, they are already using magnetic card readers for doors now....

yourgmsolutions
02-06-07, 06:25 PM
My one is way cooler.
I don't even have to insert anything. Just a push of a button :thumbsup:
ok I'm bragging. sorry

LLT
02-06-07, 06:46 PM
My one is way cooler.
I don't even have to insert anything. Just a push of a button :thumbsup:
ok I'm brugging. sorry

I'd have to agree. The STS rocks - bluetooth and pushbutton start, who could ask for more? :D