: Who in the Western States is tracking their V

rgd
02-06-07, 11:34 AM
By Western States I mean Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, California and...Basically anyone close enough (and crazy into it enough) to drive to a central track for a two day event if we can pull it off. If not this year next year. I am thinking maybe, Reno Fernley Track or Miller Motorsports (looks awesome) or open to suggestions.

It would be great if we could somehow get 10 or more V's on the track at the same time! Could you imagine this.

Here they are:suspense: driving an M3 or your Porsche or what ever it might be and here come the V's. Might look like this//

:suspense: :yup::)::lildevil::cool::histeric::2thumbs::dance: :woohoo::devilheh: :banana: ready to pass you one by one. Not sure who the bannana head driving the V is but he is still fast. lol

I know there are a few of us tracking the Westcoast.

Fifty4EVER
CHEF
Wldwhl (V or Exige)
Denniscars
Calcadi (if he isn't Autocrossing that weekend)
rgd
Dreamin (if he has a new toy)

And I know there are plenty more of us out there!

Chime in with your thoughts.

tweeter81
02-06-07, 12:47 PM
I plan to get out to Miller Motorsports Park in May (I believe). I would definitely be down for meeting at a central(ish) location for a track day or two with a shiteload of other Vs. Sounds like a great time. Mark me down.

Seattle CTS-V
02-06-07, 03:09 PM
I've done Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA (http://www.pacificraceways.com/) about 4 times. I did my first auto-x a couple weeks ago. I hope to get down to Portland International Raceway this summer for a couple track days. I wouldn't mind driving a little farther to meet up with some other V's but man would it suck if I had to get her flatbedded back to Seattle.

50 4Ever
02-06-07, 03:47 PM
I'm up for it :thumbsup:

Chef
02-06-07, 04:02 PM
Good Stuff!

BLACK_CTSV
02-06-07, 04:11 PM
I'm in - never had mine on the track, but there's always a first time!

ZEUSROTTY
02-06-07, 06:50 PM
I am in Illinois but lemmee just tell ya... I can track a deer with the best of em... call me davy crocket round these parts...

rgd
02-07-07, 01:50 AM
I am in Illinois but lemmee just tell ya... I can track a deer with the best of em... call me davy crocket round these parts...

That counts around here. Just put a roof rack on the V so you can haul your kill home and it's all good!

rgd
02-07-07, 02:07 AM
Re-thinking this there are a few tracks I would suggest looking into a bit more.

Reno Fernley because it is a central location (kind of) to all of us if participants come from north and south.

Buttonwillow Just south of Fresno. Not as central but a good track (looks like it anyway) for all skill levels. Plenty of run out, no walls, etc.

Need to find a weekend event with a club we can all join easily and/or do a track run event which does happen. I will see what is available; any help will be appreciated.

In my experience organizing something like this and having participation will be VERY VERY difficult. I figure if 10 people say they are in maybe 3 or 4 will actually make it. If that many, so we need 25 to say they want to come play.

More info to follow...

Dennisscars
02-07-07, 10:02 AM
Don't under estimate BW, I've got probably 15-16 times there. Depending on configuration it can be very technical and fast and generally cheap. It depends if they set it up CW or CCW or if it's set up for short leg or long leg cars.

It's out in the middle of nowhere but the RV parking/facilities are very good.

25 CCW is the best for long leg cars like ours. 125 easy down the north straight.
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/images/race_25.gif

Now if only we can get :Poke: wild to take the safety's off his car.

rgd
02-07-07, 04:49 PM
Don't under estimate BW, I've got probably 15-16 times there. Depending on configuration it can be very technical and fast and generally cheap. It depends if they set it up CW or CCW or if it's set up for short leg or long leg cars.

It's out in the middle of nowhere but the RV parking/facilities are very good.

25 CCW is the best for long leg cars like ours. 125 easy down the north straight.
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/images/race_25.gif

Now if only we can get :Poke: wild to take the safety's off his car.

I hear ya, my point is there are no WALLS! Like Thill and some others.
That's all.

Dennis, do they offer open test days or open track days not assigned to a specific Club?

Dennisscars
02-07-07, 10:21 PM
au contraire, the hot pit wall has claimed a few people who try to save a spin and shoot across lanes when they would have been better letting the car go off in the weeds. (Don't worry :Poke: wild, it won't happen to you.) Absent that the run offs are very good.

Yes, they have what they call "sometimes Friday." We have run them before, generally it's less formal and mostly people testing, trying out new cars etc. Sometimes before a weekend to make a 3 day event.

wildwhl
02-08-07, 12:50 AM
I somehow knew when I saw this thread that Dennis would be calling me out...I'm IN!!! Pick the place and as long as Mrs. Wheel says :thumbsup: which is most often, I'll bring one or both toys.

WW

Dennisscars
02-08-07, 01:08 AM
:Poke:

wildwhl
02-09-07, 01:39 AM
Registered (damn beer pressure)

lunarx
02-09-07, 02:42 AM
I plan to get out to Miller Motorsports Park in May (I believe). I would definitely be down for meeting at a central(ish) location for a track day or two with a shiteload of other Vs. Sounds like a great time. Mark me down.

Tweeter, Please let me know the details on the Miller event that you plan to attend in May.
I am dying to try out that track.

Dennisscars
02-09-07, 03:02 AM
:bigD:

QuickChickLeslie
02-09-07, 10:28 AM
Why don't you meet us in Las Vegas and run the Spring Mountain track in Pahrump? We are there April 20. You do not have to be part of the entire event we are hosting, but you are welcome to join us at the track, and if needed we will have instructors available for those who have never tracked before.
http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com

Just a thought!

Leslie
www.exoticorso.com

tweeter81
02-09-07, 11:51 AM
Tweeter, Please let me know the details on the Miller event that you plan to attend in May.
I am dying to try out that track.

lunarx,

Actually it is just a Speedworld Challenge race. I don't think there will be any possibility of track time :( , but it will be very cool to see the CTS-VRs in person and maybe even meet the drivers. I will probably be attending the race with my little brother, but it would be great to meet up with some more V owners for the day or two.

Also, like Leslie said above, we are having a track day at Pahrump which should be really cool. You can get more details directly from Leslie.

lunarx
02-09-07, 01:32 PM
lunarx,

Actually it is just a Speedworld Challenge race. I don't think there will be any possibility of track time :( , but it will be very cool to see the CTS-VRs in person and maybe even meet the drivers. I will probably be attending the race with my little brother, but it would be great to meet up with some more V owners for the day or two.

Also, like Leslie said above, we are having a track day at Pahrump which should be really cool. You can get more details directly from Leslie.

The SWC Race sounds cool.
I'll look into airfare and will attend if I can get a reasonable flight.

Pharump is a great track.
I'm going to be there on April 29th.
https://speedventures.com/2007_Schedule.asp

There is a Buttonwillow event Feb on the 24th and there is lots of room left and it only costs $225.
(See PDF attached)
Let's see some V's there!

tweeter81
02-09-07, 02:02 PM
The SWC Race sounds cool.
I'll look into airfare and will attend if I can get a reasonable flight.

Pharump is a great track.
I'm going to be there on April 29th.
https://speedventures.com/2007_Schedule.asp

There is a Buttonwillow event Feb on the 24th and there is lots of room left and it only costs $225.
(See PDF attached)
Let's see some V's there!

First of all, sorry about the threadjack, rgd, but it does have to do with tracking our Vs, so it's not too bad.

lunarx,

Now that I know you are going to be at Spring Mountain on the 29th of April, I might sign up for that instead of going the week beforehand. The only reason I would be making the trip is to track my car anyway. Do you know if there is still open spaces for the 29th thru speedventures? Or maybe I should just check out the site a little better. I will be making up my mind pretty soon and I will let you know if I will be there.

C.J.

lunarx
02-09-07, 02:17 PM
First of all, sorry about the threadjack, rgd, but it does have to do with tracking our Vs, so it's not too bad.

lunarx,

Now that I know you are going to be at Spring Mountain on the 29th of April, I might sign up for that instead of going the week beforehand. The only reason I would be making the trip is to track my car anyway. Do you know if there is still open spaces for the 29th thru speedventures? Or maybe I should just check out the site a little better. I will be making up my mind pretty soon and I will let you know if I will be there.

C.J.

If you are able to sign up via the website you are in. :thumbsup:
Let me know if you are successfull in signing up.

calicadi
02-09-07, 11:02 PM
By Western States I mean Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, California and...Basically anyone close enough (and crazy into it enough) to drive to a central track for a two day event if we can pull it off. If not this year next year. I am thinking maybe, Reno Fernley Track or Miller Motorsports (looks awesome) or open to suggestions.

It would be great if we could somehow get 10 or more V's on the track at the same time! Could you imagine this.

Here they are:suspense: driving an M3 or your Porsche or what ever it might be and here come the V's. Might look like this//

:suspense: :yup::)::lildevil::cool::histeric::2thumbs::dance: :woohoo::devilheh: :banana: ready to pass you one by one. Not sure who the bannana head driving the V is but he is still fast. lol

I know there are a few of us tracking the Westcoast.

Fifty4EVER
CHEF
Wldwhl (V or Exige)
Denniscars
Calcadi (if he isn't Autocrossing that weekend)
rgd
Dreamin (if he has a new toy)

And I know there are plenty more of us out there!

Chime in with your thoughts.

Trackmasters has a May 26/27 (Sat/Sun) at Reno Fernley. Might be easier to get a bigger crowd with two-days and a weekend to boot. Family members can amuse themselves with games of chance while we spend their winnings in advance.

And I'll be the banana-head.

rgd
02-11-07, 01:28 PM
Trackmasters has a May 26/27 (Sat/Sun) at Reno Fernley. Might be easier to get a bigger crowd with two-days and a weekend to boot. Family members can amuse themselves with games of chance while we spend their winnings in advance.

And I'll be the banana-head.

I agree with Banana-head, wait sorry I mean Calicadi. If we shoot for Reno Fernley in May there is probably a good chance more people will get involved. For those who haven't tracked before it will give them a chance to get out before the event once or twice possibly etc, etc.

At the very least I think any event picked should be in May or later so there is time to plan.

The good thing about the Reno weekend is it falls on Memorial weekend allowing time for an easy drive home Monday.

What say YOU!

rgd-out

rand49er
02-11-07, 01:45 PM
Way too far for me even though it sounds GREAT!, but the next best thing would be for you guys to shoot some video and post it here. Any chance of that? :yup:

LS1Mike
02-11-07, 03:22 PM
I've done Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA (http://www.pacificraceways.com/) about 4 times. I did my first auto-x a couple weeks ago. I hope to get down to Portland International Raceway this summer for a couple track days. I wouldn't mind driving a little farther to meet up with some other V's but man would it suck if I had to get her flatbedded back to Seattle.

Hey when are you going out there? The club I race with has two guys with V's. A lot of us have trailers and tow Vehicles, mostly because it isn't broke until it is on the trailer...:thumbsup:
Mike
In Bremerton.