: Strange Noise At Startup (Extremely Cold)

NIK
02-06-07, 08:14 AM
My "V" is garaged kept, but at the end of the day yesterday (outside temp about 7 degrees) I started her up outside my office, and for a brief moment (a few seconds) I heard this loud "whirring" or "whining" sound coming from the driver's side of the engine compartment. It went away quickly and this morning I didn't hear it (of course we were in my garage.)

Obviously, this is extreme cold weather related - any ideas as to what it might be?

1QUICKV
02-06-07, 08:16 AM
This has got to be a joke! =)

NIK
02-06-07, 08:22 AM
No, not a joke .... but after posting I read other posts regarding the same issue. It seems that my power steering fluid is probably a little low. I will top it off shortly.

Why do you think my question was a joke?

WHYTRY
02-06-07, 08:25 AM
same problem and clutch was really hard can someone explain this to us

crazyjeff
02-06-07, 08:41 AM
-10 on dash
Yes it lives outside,:duck: NORMAL cold noises.
Brake light, tire pres. abs all lit up.
oil temp 0, water temp 0 , trans temp 0
Clutch stiff, but not bad
Brakes make noise, not nice.

rand49er
02-06-07, 08:45 AM
Minus 14 here yesteday morning, went up to -8 for this morning ... the V is sleeping in the garage not making a peep. :thumbsup:

1QUICKV
02-06-07, 09:11 AM
No, not a joke .... but after posting I read other posts regarding the same issue. It seems that my power steering fluid is probably a little low. I will top it off shortly.

Why do you think my question was a joke?

This is why... Read the whole story.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/98086-v-owner-looses-cool-parking-garage.html

NIK
02-06-07, 11:04 AM
Sorry, I read that story right after I posted mine - didn't see it at first.
My humblest apologies.