: Programing more than one driver

cmcghee
02-05-07, 10:27 PM
Just purchased 06 SRX (6 cyl) RWD and cannot find a way to program second driver preferences...I see where there is the place to do so, but the field is not active...any ideas pls...also only have 2000 miles on it but getting only about 18 mpg at 70 mph...is this because it is so new? thank for anyones input

n7don_srx
02-06-07, 05:39 AM
On the '07 we just bought, there's only one set of programable preferences available. Assume by preferences you don't mean seat positions. I didn't see a place for a second set of preferences on the 07.

TSS
02-06-07, 06:42 AM
I am able to have two different preference settings on my 2006 w/ NAV. I believe I access it through feature programming (little button w/ the musical note on it near the volume knob - on my NAV unit). If you don't have NAV, it may be different. Perhaps you need to consult the dealer, as I am unfamiliar w/ what you mean by "the field is inactive".

c5 rv
02-06-07, 06:44 AM
Your MPG should come up a bit over time. I have and 06 RWD and am averaging about 21 MPG in summer and just under 20 MPG in the winter per the DIC.

n7don_srx
02-06-07, 07:28 AM
When I set up the Onstar account the advisor told us if we had any questions to ask for the "Cadillac Advisor". I have no information how successful this would be or available for 06's.

Fuel economy.... I'd suggest comparing the DIC vs calculated, e.i. miles/actual fuel used over several tanks fills. A recent Pont. Montana, the DIC was consistently 9% optimistic. My Envoy varies 3%-5% optimistic. Don't have enough data on the SRX to comment.

Some features are remembered for each remote. Wonder if you've tried the second remote in the ignition to see if they can be programmed.

MortnCyn
02-06-07, 07:55 AM
Try Driver Information Center DIC in the index of the manual.

As for mileage, our overall for our '04 V6 AWD was about 18.5 mpg based on 21,000 plus miles and recording fuel purchased. Have not done numbers on '05 yet.

inline6
02-06-07, 01:26 PM
Do not know if this exactly what you are trying to do, but on our 04, everything is set by the seat button on the door. You set your seating position, mirrors and radio stations and hold down the #2 button and they all go into memory for the second driver. Once it is done it lets out two little beeps.

As far as mileage our 04 AWD V6 does 17-18 in town and ~ 22-23 running mid to upper 70s.

TSS
02-06-07, 03:21 PM
I think he is talking about features like the right hand mirror tilting downward when vehicle placed in reverse, etc . It is call "feature programming".

The Tony Show
02-06-07, 10:13 PM
In an '06 SRX (non-nav), the very first choice in the setup menu (PERSONALIZATION) needs to be checked in order for your programmable features to operate. If this option has a "dash" next to it, you won't be able to access anything.

cmcghee
02-09-07, 09:25 AM
I can program Driver 1, but when I go to program Driver 2, there is not a field...If I program and edit a new driver (2) then Driver 1 is not there...what option should I have bought in order to have capability of programming radio etc for two drivers....I do not have the memory buttons on driver side for two drivers.

TSS
02-09-07, 09:54 AM
Do you have heated seats?

I think heated seats/memory seats were bundled together - kinda makes sense that if you don't have those, then you don't have any choice except "driver one". In other words, the car only responds to keyfob number one (except for lock/unlock).

Honestly though, I am guessing here, so anyone feel free to correct me.

The Tony Show
02-12-07, 12:24 PM
...I do not have the memory buttons on driver side for two drivers.

Then there is only one set of preferences. Multi-driver personalization is included with memory seats.