: Picking up my '05 V on Thurs!

RCSinfo
02-05-07, 10:32 PM
So after some internet searching and Ebaying I finally found my car. This is the Ebay auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160079926861&rd=1,1

I'm pretty happy with $28.1K for a 25K mile car. The seller is a Porsche dealer in Pittsburgh who I assume got the car on a trade in. Does anybody know if the previous owner ever posted here? Can anybody tell me the service history for this VIN - 1G6DN56S750111759 ?

Anyway, I also want to say thanks to all of you who answered my posts while I was looking at cars and for all the guys who have contributed the info that makes this site so useful. There is so much good info on this board that I joined as a supporting member before I even bought the car!

dvandentop
02-06-07, 10:44 AM
nice welcome to the family!

12race
02-06-07, 11:07 AM
:welcome:

I am thinking there is a way to find warranty link using VIN number. BTW - what is the warranty on used. I just got an 06' 12/23/06, got the certified 6yr/100k warranty. Similar to you, I did a search, found a program car with 2500 miles.

Saved 10K off sticker. I live in Atlanta area, drove to a dealer north of Birmingham AL (3 hour drive for me). Well worth the drive.

This is a killer forum, I am learning a lot quickly on quirks the V has. Have to say, love my V and it turns heads. Especially after the B&B exhaust I just put on it.

Try and get connected with your local dealer for support if you got any kind of warranty. One thing I learned on this page, some dealers go by the book, others offer some wiggle room.

Enjoy the ride

:burn:

06' V - Cumming GA; B&B other goodies planned:cool2:

rand49er
02-06-07, 11:14 AM
Porsche dealer gives us no respect by being ignorant. Car is listed as an "Automatic."

BTW: Welcome! :thumbsup:

RCSinfo
02-06-07, 01:40 PM
I saw the automatic too, not to mention the listing doesn't extol the virtues of the V very much. Of course I'm fine with the car being downplayed - brings in less bidders to compete against.

Now hopefully the snow will be done falling up there soon so I can bring the car back!

crazyjeff
02-06-07, 02:26 PM
RCSinfo,
I got the service history from my dealer- Birthday, sale date,
New rear-end at 3210 miles ... all the warranty claims
I had it trucked in last week.
Good luck with it.

ctsvflorida
02-06-07, 03:24 PM
RCSinfo,
I got the service history from my dealer- Birthday, sale date,
New rear-end at 3210 miles ... all the warranty claims
I had it trucked in last week.
Good luck with it.

CRAZYJEFF: Points for age! Wanted to do something for ya now, as tonight may be too late! LOL

(QUOTE=RCSinfo)There is so much good info on this board that I joined as a supporting member before I even bought the car!

RCSINFO: You get points for 'NOT' being a cheap F**K! You should be able to figure that one out! Good luck with the new ride...you're gonna love it!