: 04 fuel rail covers...anyone?

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 02:51 PM
I understand that this thread may get moved but I put it here for now as most people are on here, this part of the forum.

I want to get fuel rail covers if anyone has a set that is 'not' red. Maybe someone has a set that is already altered for the V but if not then I can look in the FAQ where I believe it has instructions for that. I could just buy them on ebay but figured I would ask here first to buy them from a Caddy guy! You know, keep it in the family! Fugitaboutit!

I guess $50 used is about right as I could buy a set new right now on ebay for $83 plus $10 to ship.

Can you guys tell me if that bar needs to be removed to put the fuel rail covers on?

The Tony Show
02-05-07, 03:02 PM
It needs to be removed to get the stock one off for sure, but I don't know about putting FRC's on.

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 03:15 PM
It needs to be removed to get the stock one off for sure, but I don't know about putting FRC's on.

Stock one has been off for 8 months, that's why I am wondering about the vette ones...sir! LOL

heavypedal
02-05-07, 03:24 PM
yep...need to take off the cross bar to get the corvette FRCs in the LS6. A small PITA to snap in some plastic covers if you ask me.

I remember reading somewhere that you do not need to remove it for the LS2 though. I'll let the other guys chime in that know.

T

RunningOnEMT
02-05-07, 03:27 PM
If anyone finds ANY FRC;s red or not let me know, i'm gonna sand and paint mine anyways, who cares what color the plastic is

heavypedal
02-05-07, 03:29 PM
I know you don't like the red Z06 covers, but figured I'd throw down some pics..

RunningOnEMT
02-05-07, 03:30 PM
me likey...

but 3m clear bra first

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 04:21 PM
HEAVY: Everyone has their own taste and while I can't say I don't like the red, I do like the dark gray ones better. I am not a flashy guy and the red ones are a little more flashy!

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 04:24 PM
me likey...

but 3m clear bra first

Isn't the clear bra expensive? I wish I would've put on a clear bra from the start as I am getting a lot of tiny road nicks from the highway. Very small, but they're there! I never tailgate either, on the highway anyway! :D I have to look into a clear bra too before it gets worse.

Also, how difficult to install one of those? If anyone has pics of the clear bra on their car, I'd like to see it.

RunningOnEMT
02-05-07, 04:28 PM
Isn't the clear bra expensive? I wish I would've put on a clear bra from the start as I am getting a lot of tiny road nicks from the highway. Very small, but they're there! I never tailgate either, on the highway anyway! :D I have to look into a clear bra too before it gets worse.

Also, how difficult to install one of those? If anyone has pics of the clear bra on their car, I'd like to see it.

your car you'll hardly ever see it ... only time you'll notice it is when your car gets dirty and then it rains the part with the bra will come clean instantly

i however have a Redline 05 i'm worried it will show up on a dark car much more pronounced than the platinum (GREY!!!!!!!!) car

i've seen estimates from 350 to 500 installed ...and if you do it through a 3M authorized center you get a lifetime warranty

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 04:44 PM
your car you'll hardly ever see it ... only time you'll notice it is when your car gets dirty and then it rains the part with the bra will come clean instantly

i however have a Redline 05 i'm worried it will show up on a dark car much more pronounced than the platinum (GREY!!!!!!!!) car

i've seen estimates from 350 to 500 installed ...and if you do it through a 3M authorized center you get a lifetime warranty

K cool!
BTW, platinum is silver not grey!

RunningOnEMT
02-05-07, 04:51 PM
K cool!
BTW, platinum is silver not grey!

GREY!!!!!!!!!!!

heavypedal
02-05-07, 05:44 PM
HEAVY: Everyone has their own taste and while I can't say I don't like the red, I do like the dark gray ones better. I am not a flashy guy and the red ones are a little more flashy!

No biggie man... post some pictures after you get em on. If you have any problems, just PM me (but the FAQ instructions make it so easy).

T

heavypedal
02-05-07, 05:50 PM

No biggie man... just post some pics once you get em customized and on your ride. PM me if you have a problem, but instructions on the FAQ makes it very easy.

T

heavypedal
02-05-07, 05:53 PM
damn busy server error message

OldRoadDawg
02-05-07, 08:45 PM
Here's some "gray" ones . . but they ain't for sale.

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 10:03 PM
No biggie man... just post some pics once you get em customized and on your ride. PM me if you have a problem, but instructions on the FAQ makes it very easy.

T

Thx Heavy!

TXSilverV
02-05-07, 11:47 PM
How about these?

roadracerx72
02-06-07, 04:00 AM
Nice, but I prefer the mellow look. Not so much flash. Looks like we agree on one color Dave!

ctsvflorida
02-06-07, 08:36 AM
Some of those are just a bit too flashy for me but they are nice. I have a couple of sets that I am looking into and I will post them up when I get them. Thanks for all the help and pics guys. :thumbsup:

Tags63
02-06-07, 02:05 PM
Hey!!!

I have a set of black ones from Afterthoughts. That say Cadillac on them in chrome along with the lines and 5.7. They also come with the V emblem and used 2 rolls of foil tape on the inside. Cost 335 new which included the tape and s/h. Willing to sell for 200.00 plus s/h.

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: