urbanski
02-05-07, 02:21 PM
at the Auto Show
http://www.dallasautoshow.org/
**2008 CTS scheduled to be there....

how many are in?

lawfive
02-05-07, 06:34 PM
What Urbs didn't mention is that the new CTS will be there.

urbanski
02-05-07, 07:23 PM
What Urbs didn't mention is that the new CTS will be there.

orly? ;)

lawfive
02-05-07, 10:01 PM
The hotel of choice for the core instigators is the Dallas Hyatt Regency. $119/night Internet rate. Party time starts Friday March 16th, ends Sunday the 18th. Within walking distance of the auto show.
http://dallasregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/

Levand16
02-06-07, 09:28 PM
I might be interested in going to meet some other cadi owners and look at some new models but I wouldn't stay over night!

RightTurn
02-12-07, 12:57 PM
:bump:

:cowboy:

lawfive
02-16-07, 03:31 PM

lawfive
02-16-07, 03:54 PM
Update as of 2/16:
--------------------

As of now, there will be possibly as many as 18 of your fellow forum members coming together in Dallas the weekend of Friday 16 March through Sunday 18 March. The excuse most often used is to attend the Dallas auto show and especially to see the new CTS.

The real reason, of course, is to meet each other and do our part to reduce the world's level of alcohol, thus helping to keep this dangerous stuff out of the hands of children, adult virgins, and Canadians.

The DASCDT (Dallas Auto Show Core Drinking Team) will be staying at the Dallas Hyatt Regency, 300 Reunion Blvd West, in downtown Dallas. Be there or be square! The main hotel phone number is 214.651.1234. I'll be setting up a hospitality suite where the primary activities will the previously mentioned alcohol reduction campaign, and trying to get RightTurn to flirt again.

People will be driving and flying in at different times and even on different days throughout the weekend. My plane will arrive a little before 5:00 PM on Friday, so if all goes well the H-suite should be up and running by 7:00 PM or thereabouts. Call the hotel and ask for guest Jerry Anderson, and I'll direct you from there. (Attendees: PM me if you want my cell phone number.)

We for sure plan on heading to the car show together on Saturday morning and will no doubt head straight to the CTS, then either hang together or wander separately as the good Lord dictates. The H-suite will be up and running on Saturday afternoon/night until the last reprobate leaves.

No other activities are planned. Oh, we'll probably stagger off to dinner Friday and/or Saturday night. And some kind of hangover breakfast Sunday morning. But those plans will be firmed up on an ad hoc basis by those who are on site. As much as the truly drunk can firm up anything.

Frequently Asked Questions
------------------------------

Q: "Jerry: are you in charge of the meet?"
A: No, just a core instigator.

Q: "Can you arrange some track time at the meet?"
A: No. Friends don't let friends drive drunk.

Q: "I don't have a CTS or CTS-v. Can I still come?"
A: Do you drink?

Q: "How do I get from DFW to the hotel?"
A: Cheaper (but slower) than a taxi: take the SuperShuttle van for $17.00. Look for the blue van that says "SuperShuttle" in yellow letters. It goes right to the Hyatt.

Q: "The Hyatt is too expensive. Are there any other, cheaper hotels?"
A: Yes.

Q: "Are you guys really going to be drinking that much? Drinking in excess is bad for you. Most people get silly or obnoxious when they drink. I don't think I want to be around a bunch of drunken, slovenly Cadillac brutes. I fear for my virtue."
A: You're still invited anyway, Wildwhl.

lawfive
02-16-07, 06:42 PM
Okay, bowing to intense pressure from the anal, Dr. LawFive has planned some structured activities for the first night.

FRIDAY
--------

8:00 - RightTurn has her one beer; passes out on the sofa.

8:30 - Urbanski, on his fourth Shiner, tries to peek up RightTurn's skirt.

8:30 - LawFive and IGotmeaV tackle Urbanski to the floor, then immediately try to peek up RightTurn's skirt.

9:00 - xxPinballxx, on his 12th beer, takes another whack at drinking one beer for every year of his age. (Says he may do this every day now, instead of just on birthdays.)

9:30 - LawFive does his impression of James Bond being tortured by having to alternate between drinking vodka martinis that were stirred and Bollinger that's not quite chilled to perfection.

10:00 - IGotmeaV performs the mystical Jewish 'tequila dance.'

11:00 - Urbanski draws humorous avatars on xxPinballxx's shaved head, changes IGotmeaV's name back to HotPockets, and tries to peek under LawFive's jeans. (It turns out that in person, Urby still talks in single words and unintelligible phrases such as "harbl" and "I Ams Os **** As****mndr Ahah" and "SAMSLOMEL PENS U BUGTEREAHHA".)

RightTurn
02-16-07, 09:22 PM
OK, I see problems with this tentative schedule. First, you left out the butt-kicking activities. Then, Urb will never make it till 11 p.m.; you need to reschedule him for the 6 p.m. timeframe. :lol:

I'm in ur activitz, screwinz them up. :alchi:

lawfive
02-17-07, 02:56 AM
The plot thickenz...

RightTurn
02-17-07, 09:10 AM
Weeeeelll, helloooo there. :eyebrow:

RunningOnEMT
02-17-07, 09:18 AM
i think its really really funny that when you pull this thread up at the bottom there is an arrow pointing at RT's post that says "tampa meat feeler" ... lol

i don't know why i think i'm too tired yet to be posting

RightTurn
02-17-07, 09:27 AM
Damn that Sal!! :lol:

RunningOnEMT
02-17-07, 09:27 AM
please hold... brb

RightTurn
02-17-07, 07:36 PM
:food-snacking:

urbanski
03-04-07, 11:21 AM
Dallas Hyatt Regency
mar 17-18 for me.

BUMP

BigJoeD
11-08-07, 01:08 AM
It's WAY past time for another Dallas meet. Someone please make it happen.

stan2008stsv6
12-08-07, 02:32 PM
I just joined today. Is this a 2008 auto show? If so, I would like to be included. Also, I would like help in getting parts to convert to Magnetic Ride Control. It was not available for my V6, which is about 200lbs lighter than the V8. Thanks from Plano.

urbanski
12-08-07, 02:50 PM
I just joined today. Is this a 2008 auto show? If so, I would like to be included. Also, I would like help in getting parts to convert to Magnetic Ride Control. It was not available for my V6, which is about 200lbs lighter than the V8. Thanks from Plano.

i'm locking this old thread, because it was for last year.
somebody can make a new one for 08