: Here's A Good One! I See Srt8 Leaving Dlr

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 10:39 AM
This is quite incredible! Keep in mind I am in Ocala and there is pretty much no fun around here so, I am making the u turn to go home in my loaner CTS from the dealer and here comes a 300C with wheels. I said to myself, 300C with wheels is 95% of the time a regular one. Of course it was not! It was an SRT8 and they were so impressed with trying to race me. I actually go out and look for this sort of thing all the time and never find anything! So, of course I punched this thing and there they went! They waited for me 3 times to run before I finally let them enjoy beating up a 280hp caddy or whatever the HP is (it is the bigger 6 cyl.). I got them at a light and told them to go to 'the parking lot' where all the ricers hang on Sat. night and we can run...I said I'll be in a Cadillac. I told them it was a V and they looked at me like I was from Mars so, they obviously have no idea what it even is. Anyway, we'll see if they show and I can blow another rear! I must say the '8' sounded great! Anyway, the odds of seeing this car, in Ocala, with 2 young kids in it just beating it to death are astronomical! Just my luck!

CVP will get a kick out of this one! I'll try and find them my friend and post the results.

Moderators: I did not intend for this thread to be a kill story or got killed story, in this case, but an irony story I guess!?

CIWS
02-05-07, 10:41 AM
Murphy's Law, you encounter them when you're in the CTS loaner.

The Tony Show
02-05-07, 11:18 AM
This story would be even better if you grenaded the rear in the loaner trying to race the Chrysler and had to get towed back to the dealer.

Now that would have been funny.

valdeztke
02-05-07, 11:20 AM
You hang out in a ricer parking lot? :hide:

Jesda
02-05-07, 11:23 AM
K-Mart!

valdeztke
02-05-07, 11:32 AM
I thought Kmart went out of business?

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 12:02 PM
You hang out in a ricer parking lot? :hide:

Good question! Hmmmm! LOL

You know the deal, where ever you go there are more ricers than anything so it looks like all ricers. We hang on the other side just to meet and then we go messin around somewhere else.

TONY: Yeah, that would've been incredible! LMAO

onebadcad
02-05-07, 12:53 PM
Murphy's Law, you encounter them when you're in the CTS loaner.:werd:
I had the wife drive me to work in his SUV a few months back when the V was at the shop, and a new M6 passed us on the Sawgrass Expressway. The owner looked pretty proud on his new purchase-still had paper tag on back. If I had the V that day, it could have been fun. Watch out for the SRT-8, they are fast, and with most other cars, try to get them from a roll. Disclaimer: I do not road race, just verify what other cars have going on under their hood:cool2: .

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 01:21 PM
:werd:
I had the wife drive me to work in his SUV a few months back when the V was at the shop, and a new M6 passed us on the Sawgrass Expressway. The owner looked pretty proud on his new purchase-still had paper tag on back. If I had the V that day, it could have been fun. Watch out for the SRT-8, they are fast, and with most other cars, try to get them from a roll. Disclaimer: I do not road race, just verify what other cars have going on under their hood:cool2: .

I know from a dig they're real tough as I ran one and we could only get through 3 gears before traffic got ugly and it was very even. He may have had a bumper on me. That was with as good a launch as anyone will get the V off the line in the street, but you (meaning me) can't do that everytime! He had some bolt-ons too though. 4th gear is where I will pull but I need to stay close until then. They seemed like young goofy kids so I am sure they will roll anyway not knowing what a disadvantage it is to them! :bouncy: I am actually wondering if it was even his car, or their car, as they were driving it like they stole it, literally!

Luna.
02-05-07, 01:57 PM
This story would be even better if you grenaded the rear in the loaner trying to race the Chrysler and had to get towed back to the dealer.

Now that would have been funny.

:histeric:

rand49er
02-05-07, 02:09 PM
Murphy's Law, you encounter them when you're in the CTS loaner.No truer words were ever spoken.