: Just got a brand new V

XimmortalsorrowX
02-04-07, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone. I've been lurking for awhile now, and finally got a brand new V. The only problem is the dealer I got it from is trying to screw me left and right. First thing they try to do, they said that gm card points are not eligable with the GMIYD program. Thats a bunch of bull, but the night crew were idiots so I had signed a held contract untill they can call GM and verify that they are available. Then when I got the car home, I discover that they didn't give me a nav disc, and the FG2 supsension that was on the window sticker wasn't even installed. Either way, I'm pretty damn ticked right now, but the car is great!

rand49er
02-04-07, 04:24 PM
Hey, X-man, it'll all work out, just stay on 'em. :thumbsup:

BTW, congrats and welcome!!!

ctsvflorida
02-04-07, 04:31 PM
Congrats on the car! Just keep in mind that 80% or more of car dealers are SCUM! I would rather buy a car out of state from a very highly rated, recommended and known dealer rather than have the convenience of a local scumbag dealer! There are good ones and for Caddy, there are some on this forum and lucky for me, there is one with in 40 miles of where I am stuck at for another 6 months or so! Do what Randy said, stay on them, and while you're at it, ask them why they are such scum!

P.S. If you don't mind how much did you pay?

heavymetals
02-04-07, 04:37 PM
Usually you have 72 hours to cancel a deal.

I would cancel it, and tell the dealer (if you still want to do business with them) to give you a call when they get serious.

The V is a great car, but I wouldn't want one so bad (I didn't) that I would put up with dealer BS to have one.

I got the GM discount to.

urbanski
02-04-07, 04:44 PM
where are you? you can drop dealer names if they suck, warn others. and maybe somebody nearby can point you to a better shop.

XimmortalsorrowX
02-04-07, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragment guys. With the FG2 and everything else, and the discounts I need to stick on the dealers ass for, I will pay 41996 +TTL, as it stands I'm at 42420 +TTL. The dealer is Cadillac of Whittier, and I would stay away from them. I don't know if it was just the night crew that has no idea about any of these cars, but they were really really clueless. On the test drive, the tire preassure was about 22psi all around and popping up alerts. The salesman told me to just ignore it and that they would clear themselves. :suspect: Anyways, I'm still dealing with them because its one of the only 06s left in Southern California, and I don't want on 07 or the gas guzzler tax associated with them. As it stands, I need to go back to redo the contract, get my second set of keys, my instruction booklet, nav disc, have the FG2 intalled, and have the car detailed. Man, they are going to get completely unsatisfied all across the board on the GM survey.

ctsvflorida
02-04-07, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragment guys. With the FG2 and everything else, and the discounts I need to stick on the dealers ass for, I will pay 41996 +TTL, as it stands I'm at 42420 +TTL. The dealer is Cadillac of Whittier, and I would stay away from them. I don't know if it was just the night crew that has no idea about any of these cars, but they were really really clueless. On the test drive, the tire preassure was about 22psi all around and popping up alerts. The salesman told me to just ignore it and that they would clear themselves. :suspect: Anyways, I'm still dealing with them because its one of the only 06s left in Southern California, and I don't want on 07 or the gas guzzler tax associated with them. As it stands, I need to go back to redo the contract, get my second set of keys, my instruction booklet, nav disc, have the FG2 intalled, and have the car detailed. Man, they are going to get completely unsatisfied all across the board on the GM survey.

One of the supporting caddy dealer members here has '06's with 1k miles for $36k, in case u wanna know. They are sold as new I believe too.

sy1172
02-04-07, 07:06 PM
Welcome, you got a great deal.

ctsvflorida
02-04-07, 07:22 PM
Just to let you know, I only wrote the about the dealer having those '06 cars in case you had the urge to tell your dealer to go F themselves! You have an outlet this way but who knows what they would do for your warranty work!

mike041357
02-04-07, 07:34 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum! If you're talking about using GM MasterCard rebate dollars when using GM Employee pricing, I remember reading you couldn't use them together. So I dumped my GM Credit Card. But you should be able to get the numbers to work in any case, but probably can't use GMS.

The FG2's are dealer installed. The purple line around the shocks is "dashed" instead of solid. That's the easiest way to tell. They are shipped in the trunk and the old FE4s should end up back in the trunk as well. Make sure you get 'em back.

Good luck. It'll all be worth it.

lawfive
02-04-07, 07:39 PM
Welcome, man!

svassh
02-04-07, 08:33 PM
I don't know if it was just the night crew that has no idea about any of these cars, but they were really really clueless.

Trust me, its not the night shift. Its 95% of all Cadillac dealers that know nothing about these cars.:(

theloanman219
02-04-07, 08:34 PM
welcome from sunny SW Florida.:cycle:

Vdrenaline
02-04-07, 08:55 PM
Hey everyone. I've been lurking for awhile now, and finally got a brand new V. The only problem is the dealer I got it from is trying to screw me left and right. First thing they try to do, they said that gm card points are not eligable with the GMIYD program. Thats a bunch of bull, but the night crew were idiots so I had signed a held contract untill they can call GM and verify that they are available. Then when I got the car home, I discover that they didn't give me a nav disc, and the FG2 supsension that was on the window sticker wasn't even installed. Either way, I'm pretty damn ticked right now, but the car is great!

Welcome.

First of all, rest assured that you will love your V. It is a truly great car

With regard to your dealer, my advice is to arrange an appointment with the sales manager of your dealership immediately. Be nice, be calm and explain the situation. Let him/ her know that you are sure it is only a misunderstaning but that you do expect them to correct it. Keep being nice but firm and they will likely correct everything. Don't turn into a bastard unless absolutely necessary. Usually if you keep after them they will just get sick of hearing from you and take care of it just to get rid of you. If there is a Lemon Law, use it to your advantage.

I don't have any knowledge on the pricing issues you mentioned. Do your research on that.

Just to prepare you for ownership, it is important to remember that the V, like most ultra high performance cars it is more high-maintenance than a regular car. Many Caddy dealers don't sell a lot of these cars and are unfamiliar with them. You can avoid lots of frustration when getting the car serviced by putting in writing any problem you are experiencing and printing out relevant info from this forum. Chances are someone has experienced the same issue and will have posted exactly what caused the problem and how it was ultimatley fixed.

Good luck getting everything straightened out. Be persistent and everything will get corrected.

XimmortalsorrowX
02-05-07, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys. I know all about upkeep of high performance cars. I'm going to keep at it with those guys tomorrow, and when the rear goes out (which it probably will) I'll take it to another dealer. I've been lurking for over a year and so I know a lot about the v. I'll update you guys with how it goes.

GMBOUND
02-05-07, 01:25 AM
How does buying an '06 delete the gas guzzler tax? I'm currently waiting for my '07 but, I'll take an '06. I was looking for the '07 for the warranty though.

ctsvflorida
02-05-07, 07:30 AM
How does buying an '06 delete the gas guzzler tax? I'm currently waiting for my '07 but, I'll take an '06. I was looking for the '07 for the warranty though.

I'll tell you the same thing. There is a dealer on this forum with an '06 with 1000 miles for $36k and change! Best deal I heard of and I think it is sold as new!

roadracerx72
02-05-07, 10:09 AM
It is true about dealers not knowing anything about these cars. I was told by my salesman that the gray dots all over the NAV screen were points of interests. I'm thinking, sure are alot of POI's in Palmdale...NOT!

valdeztke
02-05-07, 10:18 AM

Warranty is based on the in service date - if the 06' that FL is talking about is being sold as new - well it will have an in-service date of 2007 Mon Day