: Amp connecting to RAP circuit

The_Groundhog
02-03-07, 09:30 PM
I would like to add an amplifier to the rear sub. The sub doesn't seem to do much. I have temporarily connect the AMP and it works great.

I have read the FAQ on using the RAP circuit to power the AMP. I have the sunroof so I should have the RAP relay. Where do I find the circuits described in the FAQ?

New CTS-V owner and loving it, traded a 96 Impala SS for it. I miss the Impala SS but the CTS-V is a lot more fun. :-)

Thanks

Black Sunshine
02-03-07, 10:28 PM
traded a 96 Impala SS for it. I miss the Impala SS but the CTS-V is a lot more fun. :-)

Traitor.:nono:

Welcome to the Caddy side. It IS fun, ain't it?

wildwhl
02-03-07, 10:33 PM
Are you looking for a switched source or just a +12V? Both are available under the rear seat. The constant +12V is on the driver's side fuse block - I don't recall what it is labelled.

Innocent Bystander indicated that this block was fed with twin 10 gauge leads, IIRC, so that is where my 8 gauge power feed for the MTX auto-on amp is.

However, I'm guessing you're looking for the switched lead. You'll have to probe the fuseblock on the passenger's side under the rear seat for the wire you need...'cause I searched and couldn't find it (killed the brain cells last month I suppose).

WW

ssmith100
02-03-07, 11:42 PM
Uh............"Search" is your friend. Sorry Wild..........I just couln't help myself.

Shane

The_Groundhog
02-03-07, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys. I'll look for it in the morning under the seat.

The_Groundhog
02-03-07, 11:56 PM
Yes, I would have loved to keep the Impala SS but with 142K miles and my wife hit it three times in the driveway with her Tahoe. Both sides had been fixed and painted. I figured if I wanted it back I could find another one that had never been hit and less miles.

ctsvett
02-04-07, 02:31 PM
its funny how many people here traded or are former impala SS owners.

I am one... Lasstss is one.. and I keep seeing this everywhere..

Looks like all of us traded up to a faster, cooler GM high performance sedan product.

Ontopic: Use the fuse block under the rear seat as WW explained.

Reed

The_Groundhog
02-04-07, 08:42 PM
Well I pulled the rear seat today, nothing under there but a bunch of wires in a bundle on each side. I did not see a fuse block.

ctsvett
02-05-07, 12:08 AM
did you pull the insulation carpet as well? Its attached to the front lip of the rear seat raised metal piece:

Reed

srracer
02-05-07, 12:00 PM
If anybody can actually identify the switched power lead in the fuseblock, please let me know. I probed every lead and checked the wiring diagram and the only place I could track the RAP down to was the blue wire in the right trunk area going up the rear pillar for the sunroof.

-Chris

The_Groundhog
02-05-07, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the pic. I'll pull the seat and look again. Being that it's about 35 degrees in the garage with the heat on 8 outside. I'll wait for warmer weather to try again.

ctsvett
02-06-07, 12:41 AM
FYI, this is a work in progress, but it may help you.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/amprap/

Reed

Rozey04
11-17-11, 03:33 PM
hey,hi , hello...
i have an 04 cts as well but Im just interested in running a power wire to my aftermarket deck to maintain the rap system.will i us the same process?? and are those red lines on that hyperlink wires that need to be added and connected?

JimmyH
11-17-11, 08:21 PM
RAP to oem head unit, I am pretty sure is handled from the data connection to the car's onboard data-bus.

You will have to forego RAP and just use accessory power (which will go off as soon as you turn off the ignition). You can get that from the HVAC harness. I believe it's the brown wire.