: New Supporting Member

theloanman219
02-02-07, 10:43 PM
Now that I have a supporting member status how long and how do I get the tag?:cool2:

never mind its here.

Now I am one of the MADE fellas!

rand49er
02-02-07, 11:28 PM
Congrats! :highfive:

I'll re-upping for another year in a couple weeks myself.

CIWS
02-02-07, 11:33 PM
POINTS for you. I need to give them to P-Funk too !

ctsvflorida
02-03-07, 07:06 AM
Now that I have a supporting member status how long and how do I get the tag?:cool2:

never mind its here.

Now I am one of the MADE fellas!

Congrats 'loanman' Now just be careful of those meetings...you could get wacked! Fugitaboutit! LOL

"You mean I'm funny like a clown? Do I amuse you? Funny how?" LMAO

G--
02-03-07, 07:50 AM
Congrats, I'm certain you've already gotten more than your money's worth
:yup:

Lord Cadillac
02-03-07, 08:12 AM
Thank you very much for your support! It is Greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if anyone has noticed (I didn't make an announcement) but forum speed should be noticibly improved and we are most certainly not getting the "server busy" errors as often as we were. This is a direct result of support from our members. We're still working on making things work faster and better.

Our next goal is to obtain a separate image server. This will also speed things up dramatically...

Thanks again!

rand49er
02-03-07, 08:21 AM
... Our next goal is to obtain a separate image server. This will also speed things up dramatically...Now THAT'S good news!

Can I give you points, too? :worship:

Lord Cadillac
02-03-07, 09:13 AM
Points!? Awesome! :) With this new image server, we'll also have about 160 gigs of hard drive space for images. So supporters will get HUGE amounts of space for attachments, classifieds, etcetera. I'm not sure when this will happen but it's on the to-do list...

theloanman219
02-03-07, 09:48 AM
if you insist to know things don't be supprised if you end up face down in the desert!

Youknowwhatinsayin!

ctsvflorida
02-03-07, 04:41 PM
Thank you very much for your support! It is Greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if anyone has noticed (I didn't make an announcement) but forum speed should be noticibly improved and we are most certainly not getting the "server busy" errors as often as we were. This is a direct result of support from our members. We're still working on making things work faster and better.

Our next goal is to obtain a separate image server. This will also speed things up dramatically...

Thanks again!

Oh Lord, do you know how much I will 'lean' into the non supporters now!? More support means faster forum speed? Oh boy, watch out now!

I won't be too harsh but I think I pick the 'right' situations to send the birds chirping posts!

Lord Cadillac
02-03-07, 08:59 PM
Oh Lord, do you know how much I will 'lean' into the non supporters now!? More support means faster forum speed? Oh boy, watch out now!

I won't be too harsh but I think I pick the 'right' situations to send the birds chirping posts!
:) Thanks! :)

When we first started out, of course (like any forum), the speed was great. But from the very beginning, this place REALLY took off.. I think a lot of people wanted a "Cadillac" community but for some odd reason, nobody ever started one and followed through before me. I actually took the time and made it my my mission to make this place work - and all the right people happened to come along (and still do!)...

But.. If you were here in the beginning.. There were some HARD times in regards to speed.. At that point, there were NO supporting members or authorized vendors and I wasn't in the financial situation to do anything. However, it didn't take long for our members to stand up and do something about it - and here we are.

I admit that the site is still growing just as fast and that it IS taxing our current server setup - but, as I mentioned, this WILL improve over time. I'm JUST beginning to get Danielle (my Wife) to understand why I've spent so much money on this place over the years. She's been participating and is understanding how this "community" is more than just a "message board". :)

Thanks again!

Rockafella
02-03-07, 09:08 PM
If I become a "Supporting Member" does that mean that I get to PM before having 50 posts?

Lord Cadillac
02-04-07, 01:52 AM
Indeed it does. However, if you're just looking to send a message to somebody, I can send a message for you... The ability to send private messages isn't allowed for new members simply to keep spam to a minimum. It's not meant to draw people in to become supporters...

ctsvflorida
02-04-07, 09:20 AM
Indeed it does. However, if you're just looking to send a message to somebody, I can send a message for you... The ability to send private messages isn't allowed for new members simply to keep spam to a minimum. It's not meant to draw people in to become supporters...

Now that's a pretty darn nice answer! I think I'm gonna cry! :worship:

Honestly, that is very cool! :thumbsup:

CIWS
02-04-07, 09:46 AM
It's not uncommon to have Spammers register in the forums as new members just to send the masses PMs advertising their stuff and being a nuisance.

Rockafella
02-04-07, 09:53 AM
It's not uncommon to have Spammers register in the forums as new members just to send the masses PMs advertising their stuff and being a nuisance.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info!

Lord Cadillac
02-04-07, 02:21 PM
Now that's a pretty darn nice answer! I think I'm gonna cry! :worship:

Honestly, that is very cool! :thumbsup:

Why thank you, sir! :)

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info!

Now if your username was Rockefeller, I might ask you to become a supporting member anyway. :p