Cadillac Owners Forum banner

*Question* 02' mirror swap for Signal mirror

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  caddycruiser 
#1 ·
I have an 02' Lade, and bought a signal mirror thinking it would be an even swap! Well the plugs are different, there's a yellow, green, red(hot) and black(Ground) going into one plug. My plug's only a 2 wire. How can I work this problem out? I know the 03's came standard w/the signal mirror but the 02's are not. I've read it was an ez in and out thing but have found out it is not. Maybe this is not possible to do??? I can return the signal mirror so no loss.
So PLEASE give me some suggestions :banghead:
Thanks all!!!!!!

#7 ·
From '00-02 models to '03-06 models, the wiring harnesses and such completely changed, so even though most things looked similar, very little electronics-wise is swappable without considerable work.

So, that said, if you want signal mirrors, the best option are Muth Signal Mirrors, i.e. what was linked to above on the JPCustoms site. Still take a little bit of know-how to get them in and working, but easier than trying to re-wire for '03+ mirrors, I would think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.