Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Audio off/on problems with Bose 4.0 in Seville 2001

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Smoker 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought used Seville 2001-2002. My car is equipped with Bose 4.0 Sound System with Infotainment. It includes TV and CD etc.
And of course I don't have manual for it...

Now I have faced problem:
Systems Audio is off. Button "Audio off" is pressed in the screen. And if I try to press "Audio on", nothing happend. So I just can set Audio on again. So I can not use radio, tv, cd at all. And also I don't hear any warning signals of car. Because audio is off...

Is there anybody how has faced that same problem??
How I can set Audio on again?

I really think that there is some way but I don't know it.

Please help me and give some comments!
I love that caddy but it would be nice to hear something.....

Seville 2002 in Finland

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi everyone,

Now I visited in Cadillac service and they said:

Boses Amplifier unit is broken. And they will try to orer it somewhere.
Is there anybody who has faced that situation?

Is there some place whewe it is possible to buy bose units or it is only so that Cadillac dealers are only places?

And what might be reason to estroy that unit??

Ideas and comments please??

#6 ·
Hi everyone again,

I was lucky because car dealer will pay that new part.
But I started to think that how difficult it could be with Bose systems..

Is there any places where I can buy parts for Bose systems or is it so that Cadillad dealer is only place?? Because here in Europe dealers delivery time of parts seems to be very very long...

I found part numbers etc. from alldata.com, so I know what I need but where I can buy it...

Also I found that there is some scan tools for Bose system. Where that tools might get...

It seems so that there is no any self- test procedure in Bose audio systems... I found some self test for navi but not for audio...

I have got feeling that maintance of Bose systems might be difficult... Or is it so that I don't know right places..

BR
Seville in Finland

#8 ·
I foun that information from alldata.com.

It was quite easy:

- Ignition on
- Set clock off (so that upper area of display is empty)
- Tap fast three times to top corners of display (left-right-left-right-left-right)
- And souns peep and display move to self test.

From that self test you can chekc for example situation on GPS, display, and many other things for navi.

But nothing for audio.....:rant2: :rant2:

BR
Seville Finland

#11 ·
Hello again,

I am still waiting spare parts from Cadillac dealer....

I have now driven almoust one month without any voice... And I have noticed that Seville is very silent car..

But still I want my Bose working again!

How is delivering times of Bose spare parts in US? Is it so that you only go to Cadillac dealer and get new parts??

Is there anybody how has changed Bose amplifier? And can anybody give some ideas why my amplifier is destroyed?

Seville

#13 ·
Hi I have a 2000DTS and I have a similar problem with no audio in my car. I didn't see the solution to the original question. I was driving and suddenly no sound from my system. I have the touch screen radio, CD, clock, weather chanel with navagition. The radio buttons do not respond only the clock works and the screen is lit. The navigation still works but without audio. The backup signal functions but no beeping sound. Can anyone give me an answer as to what to do. I have already pulled the underhood fuses and replaced it even thought nothing was wrong with it. I also checked the large audio fuse under the back seat, nothing visibly wrong with it. Dealer says to replace the radio and the amp after I explained the same as in this forum. I don't consider that an answer because they have not looked at it. We are talking about close to $1600 USC. I also preformed an in car diagnostic with the on board computer. It reads no amp data. Any help appreciated, thank you!!

#15 ·
Hello,

It has takes some months when I last visited in that site.

And yes. I have solved my original audio on/off problem.
And solution was very simple:
Remove batteru and put it back. (I mean take off + wire and put it back.)
And everything work fine after that. My cadillac dealer said that I should change amp... I can not understand that how they didn't even try to reset system. I think that unpluck cable make that kind of reset.

I have found some wierd elctric promblems which all has solved when I have made that battery removing operation. So Cadillac 2001 is computer and computers need reset...

But now I faced new problew which I can not solve by reset:
My wipers not work?!?! Thay just stopped. Nothing happend.
Wipers motor is ok (because it works when I put electricity direct to it) and wires electricity is ok.

I think that problem is in black electronic box witch is before wipers motor. I order new one and I am now waiting it.

And here in Finland it is very rainy at this time year...

Have anybody faced this kind of wipers problems?

Seville from Finland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.