: rear fuse panel

top tiger
02-02-07, 02:59 PM
'04 SRX owner's manual states there are fuse blocks under the rear seats, accessable by lifting the carpet. Has anyone actually seen these fuse blocks and if so how much did you have to remove? It is looking to me like the seats have to be removed.

nstar
02-02-07, 03:31 PM
I tryied to find mine under there because thats where service manual says it's under pass side , for air bag disconnect but never could find!!

wifescaddy
02-03-07, 06:55 AM
theres 2 of them right on leading edge of rear seat,youll have to pull the carpet down to get to them its very tight.there sone on each side of car.Pull the carpet strips off the door sills then look where seat bolts in youll see the carpet has velcro on it pull it back and look down youll see a black box pull the cover off and yoll see the fuses and relays.I can take a picture of it if need be.

wifescaddy
02-03-07, 07:05 AM
this will give you an idea

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2946531170052841409vIBpsU
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2855827560052841409iOglGv
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2565082520052841409awBfQF

top tiger
02-03-07, 01:08 PM
wifescaddy,
Thanks for your help. Your photos zeroed me right in on those well-hidden fuse boxes. I also looked at photos of body repairs on your '04 SRX. Very nice work!

wifescaddy
02-03-07, 02:42 PM
Your welcome and thanks

mmgouge
02-26-11, 10:19 AM
The pictures are no longer available. Does anyone else have suggestions?

pontiac
02-26-11, 12:29 PM
In the passenger compartment, near the right side of the rear seat under the carpet

In the passenger compartment, near the left side of the rear seat under the carpet

I hope this can help

mmgouge
02-26-11, 04:18 PM
I know where the rear-driver fuse box is but, like others that I have read, I can't get to it.

Thrill6
02-27-11, 03:50 AM
While it is technically correct to say that the rear fuse boxes are below the rear seats, it's really just confusing. The are attached to the back of footwells in the back seat area. If you sit in the rear seats, the fuse boxes are where the back of you heals are. The fuse boxes are below the rear seats, but NOT UNDER them.

ceenite
02-13-12, 03:13 PM
ahhaa, thanks!!!

PJ1520
02-14-12, 01:19 PM
Good stuff, guys. Thank you for the clear explanation.

PJ

Professor Wizard
02-15-12, 10:11 AM
Does cause you to wonder... WHY would an engineer put a fuse box where it is difficult to get to it!

I suppose, they figure you would never blow a fuse.

They figured wrong! :(

PJ1520
02-15-12, 11:27 AM
Engineers don't care about the downstream practical matters of routine, daily stuff. Fuses, relays, the front end light bulbs, and the cabin filter to name just a few. It's all about where to put it and making assembly as fast and cheap as possible.

After that, they don't care how tough it is to actually contend with these matters. Extended warranties are high gross profit. On a higher level, once the vehicle comes off warranty, the gravy/$ really starts to flow for the service facilities and mechanics, working on the simplest and most straightforward of things. Alternatively, one is more inclined to reconsider the repair costs off warranty and just go out to buy a new vehicle.

Wouldn't you think detachable fender wells would make sense to get at the idler pully tensioners and A/C compressors under the hoods of GM cars? The ridiculous level of required disassembly to get at something really racks up those labor hours. In some instances the fastest and cheapest approach is to disconnect a bunch of stuff, loosen the engine mounts, and lift out the motor a few inches with an engine hoist. Been there, done that, with a prior vehicle. Same with swapping out the radiator on that car.........had to disassemble the front end to get the radiator out for replacement.

PJ