: SO im driving up 95 and a new 07 Escalade

swerc_1
02-01-07, 10:38 AM
passes me, while Im admiring how nice the white ones are (I have a 07 black) I notice that when she brakes, the whole brake light thing on the back does not completely light up. Is this the way all of them are or was hers a malfunction. I ve never bothered to look I figured the whole thing lit up since they made it that big..

cadymon
02-01-07, 12:52 PM
passes me, while Im admiring how nice the white ones are (I have a 07 black) I notice that when she brakes, the whole brake light thing on the back does not completely light up. Is this the way all of them are or was hers a malfunction. I ve never bothered to look I figured the whole thing lit up since they made it that big..

sorry bro the long strip of break lites are fo looks.
you where seeing nothing thats just the way

ChuckTu
02-01-07, 01:26 PM
Heh, just figured this out myself last night after I had my buddy step on the brakes for me...so I could see how bright he said all the taillights were...thats when I noticed only the center of the third brake light lights up...so why not just make it smaller if they're only gonna light up the middle?

hcvone
02-01-07, 01:29 PM
Yep, saw that when I picked up my first one in April, still bothers me, if someone offered one that would completly light up I would get it for sure. I thought you were going to say you saw me on 95, because at about 11:30 a black 07' beeped at me as I was getting off 95, pretty strange

kses123
02-01-07, 02:02 PM
No...The O7's third brake light only lights up in the middle. There are actually only led's in the middle (the part that lights up) and none on either side of it. It appears that there are leds the whole way across, but if you look at it up close you can see there aren't any. I'm not sure why they did this...I think it looks stupid to have a huge brake light that only 1/3rd of it lights up...it was probably cheaper for GM not to put those extra led's in...:hmm:

jrs05caddyext
02-01-07, 02:12 PM
This is for the regular Escalade right? Does anyone know if they did this with the 07 EXT as well?

swerc_1
02-01-07, 03:06 PM
Yep, saw that when I picked up my first one in April, still bothers me, if someone offered one that would completly light up I would get it for sure. I thought you were going to say you saw me on 95, because at about 11:30 a black 07' beeped at me as I was getting off 95, pretty strange

Not me but those Escalades look so sweet. The other night it was my 07 black raven and next to me an 07 black esv and next to him a black 96 regular lade, pretty sight going down 95..

Hcvone- your in northern va right?

OffThaHorseCEO
02-01-07, 03:34 PM
black 96?

Dif
02-01-07, 08:36 PM
This is for the regular Escalade right? Does anyone know if they did this with the 07 EXT as well?

There was a thread about this when the 07's first came out.
Don't know about all of them or if it's only the regular Escalade / ESV that don't light up all the way across but,..
the Whole top brake light bar on my 07 EXT lights up. :yup:

jrs05caddyext
02-01-07, 08:56 PM
thanks

ejholt
02-02-07, 12:20 AM
The lightbar on my 07 EXT lights up completely.

hcvone
02-02-07, 07:36 AM
Not me but those Escalades look so sweet. The other night it was my 07 black raven and next to me an 07 black esv and next to him a black 96 regular lade, pretty sight going down 95..

Hcvone- your in northern va right?

North of Phila in Pa. :)