: 1992 Deville audio install, help needed!!

Cynical
02-01-07, 12:18 AM
I am use to running all my wires and grounds in the older gms but I am clueless on how to get the door panels off and rear seats out of the deville, anyone have any tips? Thanks

CadillacSTS42005
02-01-07, 12:46 AM
pends on system
bose symphony sound or no bose

Cynical
02-01-07, 04:28 PM
No bose system.

Cynical
02-04-07, 10:18 PM
any help would be appreciated?

karlisbored
02-06-07, 12:47 AM
panels should be screw behind handle and if carefull window switches as well if not wait till get whole door panel off to remove panel best to get panel tool and CAREFULLY pry away make sure you remove any screws you see first sometimes there a couple in handle to close door as far as rear seat push buttom part torwards the rear and pull like hell should unclip one per side and then there should be two bolts L and R to remove backseat carefull though gm like to put bolts at top of back part of seat under rear deck

CaptainFishpond
02-06-07, 12:38 PM
Karl sounds right.

The window switches should pop right out, although it might take a little muscle, but be careful. The door panels should also just un hook. But as Karl said there may be screws behind the handles. I took the door panels off in my Seville and some doors had screws and some didnt. I dont know if it was from the factory or if an onwer before me removed the panels.

When I took the panels off and put new ones on it was very easy, it too like five minutes.

If you do pull and think your gonna break something STOP!

but it should be easy

Good luck.

CaptainFishpond
02-06-07, 12:40 PM
Oh and the rear seats are easy... just gotta get em from the trunk at the top. Once the tops out you can just un bolt the bottom. You might not even need to take them all the way out though.