: New 07 ESV Questions

w-r-g
01-31-07, 11:19 PM
Just got the new 07 ESV and it is a very sweet ride. I have a couple questions that hopefully you guys can answer. Even though I use the seat belt 99% of the time I do not want to hear the reminder when not hooked up...so seems like the easiest solution is unhooking the sensor below the drivers seat? I did not find any docs on how to it electronically.

Is GM Lockpick working with the 07 Escalades or are there still issues?

I am waiting on the nav disc to come in the mail from my dealer (don't ask!) What is the software that works in the 07 Nav systems? I have GM NAVTEQ version 4.1 .. will that work?

Thanks

yourgmsolutions
01-31-07, 11:27 PM
Congrats on Your Escalade. 07 escalade nav radio has a unique Disc. no other ones well be compatible
I would not recommend unpluging anything on your seat,what you can do is find same or similar seatbelt buckle and just simply put it in
and again, congrats, great ride

LLT
02-01-07, 12:05 AM
I generally don't wear my seat-belt to be honest. Not looking to start a debate - I don't wear it as a personal choice (lost a relative due to seatbelt.) The vehicle has a slew of airbags and I feel comfortable enough to "take my chances" - the seatbelt reminder annoys me as well, but I've not put much effort into disabling it. I'm not sure I'd disconnect it from under the seat though... the electrical system on the 07's is very touchy!

Very nice vehicle, congratulations! Please share some pics when time permits. :)

benamaster
02-01-07, 11:33 AM
The best way to defeat the seat belt light is to get a seat belt extension then the light won't come on because it detects the extension.

Krug Ford
02-01-07, 06:29 PM
that is very true..

You can get one free at any dealer.