: Damnit....

04CTSVFLA
01-31-07, 01:05 PM
Dont really want to tell the whole story....but I slid on some dirt and hit a pole. The jolt caused my front bumper crack a little bit....right where it meets the right hand corner of the passenger headlight....about 2 inches. Is this something that is repairable?? or will I need a whole new front bumper.

CIWS
01-31-07, 01:09 PM
:dammit: (sorry to hear)

RunningOnEMT
01-31-07, 01:13 PM
i know GM geek has a whole front bumper assembly for sale, brand new

i'm thinking of getting his grilles

if it were me i'd just get a new bumper, i never had ANY luck patching fiberglass/eurothane parts

heavymetals
01-31-07, 01:20 PM
RATS!

Sorry to hear that.

On the other hand, be thankful you didn't:

1. GET HURT.

2. HURT anybody else.

3. Inflict major damage.

Still sorry to hear that you broke it.

CHP N-V
01-31-07, 01:44 PM
I feel your pain man.... I too cracked mine all of like 3 weeks ago. mine i think was a little worse. I jumped a sidewalk. I to this day do not see how it was not completely ripped off. With the car lowered and the bumper not clearing the heigth of the curb. All I could say is that I am Blessed. I didn't hurt anybody and I didn't get hurt either. Lucklly it was in the middle of the night, so just had to drive home with a broken heart and torn up alinement. I have those same cracks on the right side, if its those stress cracks that look like its just from paint flextion. I am going to try and get a body shop to repair mine. I think as long as the actual bumper is not crack then your cool...

roadracerx72
01-31-07, 01:49 PM
Dont really want to tell the whole story....but I slid on some dirt and hit a pole. The jolt caused my front bumper crack a little bit....right where it meets the right hand corner of the passenger headlight....about 2 inches. Is this something that is repairable?? or will I need a whole new front bumper.

Yes indeed, damnit...

I have never seen that type of material get repaired like new condition. When that part cracks, it gets replaced.

Glad your okay. Your okay, right??

04CTSVFLA
01-31-07, 02:10 PM
Yes, honestly, Id rather have a broken finger or something like that LOL.....

trukk
01-31-07, 02:40 PM
I had to have my front bumper skirt replaced in the great lawn gnome incident (see #3 in the first post in the link below):

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/59233-bunch-stuff-fixed-lindsay.html?highlight=lawn+gnome#post525497

I ended up with a very small crease in the lower air-dam area, with a little spidering of the paint. Since my bozo friend did it, I made him pony up to get a it fixed.

I had Lindsay's body shop do it. It turned out fine. Wasn't very expensive either, painted & installed, it was about $850. Keep in mind, I had no structural dmanage, just the bumber skirt was affected.

Depending on the ammount of damage, you may be able to offset some cost by reselling the old skirt, to the CTS crowd. They'd probably pay a few hundred for a V skirt that wasn't too bad. I didn't even think about this, when I had mine redone.

Good luck, and remember, in the grand scheme,. it's just a car.

-Chris

V-Love
01-31-07, 07:51 PM
i know GM geek has a whole front bumper assembly for sale, brand new

i'm thinking of getting his grilles

if it were me i'd just get a new bumper, i never had ANY luck patching fiberglass/eurothane parts

I may be interested in that if it still available. Otherwise, where can you get them fo' cheap. I don't need the grilles. Mabey we could work something out.

ctsvflorida
01-31-07, 09:54 PM
Yes, honestly, Id rather have a broken finger or something like that LOL.....

Silly silly Jarret! Were you baking when you slid? :tisk:

Sorry to hear that though and I hope you're hurt...badly! :osnap: :bricks:

P.S. I know ur fine!

Gainsville track 1/4 mile Sat. if your interested! Not running just going for a race that my friend is in. He was called out by a Rustange! He goes low, low 11's in a Goat so I must go and make some dough!

Jon
02-01-07, 03:05 AM
Glad to see you're ok though!

How bad is the damage? Got a picture? Maybe they can just put filler over the crack and repaint?

Or if you go with a new one maybe I can take the old one off your hands... If it's fixable :o