: Picking up My V

me_dimitri
01-31-07, 01:02 PM
Finally!

Picking up my V next week...
(Black w Black & Red Interior, (thanks V-Beach)).

Unfortunately here in Canada, I need to get some Winter tires installed. I've checked the threads and most don't seem to drive the vehicle in snow and those that do seem to go with Blizzaks, (the dealers recommendation).

Any help on the $ for the Blizzaks would be appreciated. The dealer can't seem to find any second wheel options in the White North, so I will probably go with just changing the tires on the stock rims.

Appreciate pricing info and opinions on the Blizzaks.

Glad to be joining the club.

Dimitri
T.O.

Davidstan
01-31-07, 01:23 PM
:welcome: to the club! Cant help you on the tires although we may get our once in 5 yr ice storm this week. Good luck with the V...its a funny car in that i'm likeing it more each day because i'm less restrained and more willing to "mash the gas". Its a hoot for power, much more than i expected.

Kadonny
02-01-07, 09:38 AM
Welcome! Sorry, I too have a winter beater truck to drive. If there is any snow/ice in the forcast, she sits in the garage.........just like today. Snow forcasted for today and tomorrow.

NC STS-V
02-04-07, 04:21 PM
Congratulations!

I picked up a '73 Blazer 4x4 for $1500 a few years ago to drive if the weather was too nasty for my car. Adding the cost of insurance and upkeep it does work out to be more expensive than buying a set of winter tires on rims, but we only need them a couple of times a year around here...

Enjoy your new V!

Ron

V-Beach
02-08-07, 08:37 PM
You will love it. Good luck.

me_dimitri
02-13-07, 10:31 AM
Just got it this weekend....

The interior is beautiful, (got the red and black), aside from the roof liner, which I had expected to be nicer than a Cavaliers.

Drove it 5 hours back from my dealer to Toronto and was hardly stiff, nice lumbar supports.

I've been a little timid about stepping on it as it is so new, but when I have it's been a surprise.

It doesn't feel nearly as fast as my Vette, but when I look down, (a HUD would have been nice), at the speedometer... Yikes I'm moving quickly.

This car is much faster than it feels...

As far as handling, a little heavy in the corners and the steering is weighted oddly at the centre point, but I'm sure I will get the feel of it.

I have the Blizzaks on it, but hopeflully I don't get a large dose of the white stuff this winter..

Over all I am thrilled! Luxurious and poised, one hot set of wheels.

If I could just get the remote starter working it would be perfect :)
I enabled it on the config, but pressing or holding the start button doesn't get a peep. Guess I better read the manual.

Glad to be aboard, Haven't seen another one in Toronto yet.

Dimitri

caddyv8v
02-13-07, 11:01 AM
regarding the remote start. first press the lock button, then within 5 seconds (i think) press the remote start button. after entering the car, with foot on brake, touch the start button (it won't restart) and your ready to go.

me_dimitri
02-13-07, 11:26 AM
Thanks Caddy...
I appreciate it.

Dimitri

Davidstan
02-13-07, 01:53 PM
:postpics:

Kadonny
02-13-07, 03:09 PM
Congrats. It is much faster than it feels, I feel the same way.

On the remote start, it is a bitch to get to learn its tricks. If you want the heated seat to come on at remote start, you must have the heated seat ON when you turn the car off and of course have the option checked in the setup menu.

Good luck with it, I love mine but alas she sits in the garage this week as we go through this crappy snow storm.

JayS
02-25-07, 05:52 PM
Finally!

Picking up my V next week...
(Black w Black & Red Interior, (thanks V-Beach)).

Unfortunately here in Canada, I need to get some Winter tires installed. I've checked the threads and most don't seem to drive the vehicle in snow and those that do seem to go with Blizzaks, (the dealers recommendation).

Any help on the $ for the Blizzaks would be appreciated. The dealer can't seem to find any second wheel options in the White North, so I will probably go with just changing the tires on the stock rims.

Appreciate pricing info and opinions on the Blizzaks.

Glad to be joining the club.

Dimitri
T.O.

Welcome to the club and to owning a fine auto.In the early 50's I dreamed of owning one of these fine and fast cars.By the time I could afford one they were neither fine nor fast.Then they brought out the CTS V.I looked but still preferred BMW's.Then the STS V was introduced and I was hooked.Simply put the best all round car I have ever owned.That consist of 6 Bimmers including a M5 and a M3 and a lot of other nice cars over the years.Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
M5 and a M3

me_dimitri
02-26-07, 12:20 PM
Thanks Everyone for the welcome and kind words...

Now about a month in and loving the car more every day.
Another snow storm today and the car was quite civilized with the Blizzaks and some conservative pedal play.

Best things about the car, (so far) :

-Terrific smooth, but aggressive, linear acceleration,
-Heated Seats & remote start on Canadian Winter mornings,
-Peoples reaction to the quality of the interior and the level of fit & Finish,
-A DVD-A in Dolby or DTS surround, (when they work), brilliant sound,
-The look of the black and chrome beast when freshly washed.

The worst things about the Car, (again so far):

-The Bruuutal Voice Recognition success ratio, (my dealer says there is a
H/W upgrade coming?), I am starting to develop a Chief Inspector Dreyfus
eye twitch when I hear the word "Pardon",
-The Nanny intervention on Bluetooth and Navigation exacerbated by above,
-XM sound quality in Faux-Surround,
-Trying to get DVD-A's to work in surround, (so far: [Red Rider works Dolby &
DTS],[ Buena Vista S.C. only Stereo], [Blue oyster Cult, not at all]),
-Keeping a Black car clean in the Winter,

A big change from the Vette convertible, but I'm not missing shifting gears in traffic or the "Styling by Plastique" interior.

Dimitri
T.O.

Doctore
04-22-07, 07:21 PM
I would love to speak to you more about the car. Maybe you could e-mail me and I'll give you my number. I live in North York. Address is drhealthclinic@rogers.com Thanks, L.

me_dimitri
04-24-07, 05:33 PM
Nothing, (well almost), but good things to say about it....

5200 km on the car and will finally get to remove the snow tires this weekend.

Message sent.

Dimitri
T.O.

ryneV
05-03-07, 07:01 AM
congrats!!

kws6000
02-16-09, 11:03 PM
Nothing, (well almost), but good things to say about it....

5200 km on the car and will finally get to remove the snow tires this weekend.

Message sent.

Dimitri
T.O.
Which series and sizes of blizzaks did you get? thanks

Berger 93
02-17-09, 09:25 PM
"Pardon?" . . . . lol . . . . I know the feeling!