: Splash Guards (additional installation intructions for the rear)

GMJim
01-31-07, 11:05 AM
Hack off inward top corner due to the fact, that the catalytic convertor is occupying the same frickn' space, and was not considered in the design.
The integrity of the splash guard will be compromised by hacking off corner, but is necessary to even attempt to re-install the lower frickn' Xmas tree fastener.
Forget the lower Xmas tree, it's too frickn' short, use a frickn' nut and bolt, since the lower frickn' Xmas will continue to pop off after numerous attempts to capture 3 frickn' layers of frickn' marterial.
These additional instructions may be ignore if you prefer your $50K vehicle to vibrate, and rattle like a 72' Vega, and don't mind your splash guard
flapping in the breeze with no frickn' lower attachment.

frickn' may be replaced with another popular adjective, and used as required according to your frustration level.

LOL................it's all good

ps..............fronts go on with out a hitch

TSS
01-31-07, 12:40 PM
You talking GM splash guards? Oops, I mean GM fricken splash guards?

GMJim
01-31-07, 12:49 PM
yes GM frickn' accessories..........lol

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories/i/gmacc/05_CAD_SRX_MSG_01.jpg

vdo
01-31-07, 04:21 PM
Hack off inward top corner due to the fact, that the catalytic convertor is occupying the same frickn' space, and was not considered in the design.Are you talking about the mufflers? The cats aren't back there.

GMJim
02-01-07, 11:05 AM
sorry............yes mufflers

scout01
02-01-07, 03:14 PM
My 2006 SRX has that fikin vibrating in the rear too. I tried to see if I could tighten down something but saw that there is an akward looking peace that attachs 3 layers of plastic together. Of course it looks like I need a special tool to tighten everything together. Are you saying GMJim to use a nut and bolt instead of trying to tighten the original part? I am getting too tired of my rear quarter panel vibrating, it is very annoying and emabarrasing to have on a 50k car. Your instructions would be much appreciated.

GMJim
02-02-07, 06:27 AM
Scout01, If you have splash guards, they will vibrate against the muffler. I did use a nut and bolt for the bottom attachment since the fastener wouldn't grip the guard, w/h liner & fascia. You must trim/hack the splash guard so it doesn't rest against the muffler. If you don't have splash guards, I not sure where your vibration is coming from. Maybe the exhuast system contacting something else.

scout01
02-02-07, 08:33 AM
I have splash guards and will check it out. Thanks.

GMJim
02-02-07, 10:51 AM
good luck scout. I guarentee you are resting up against the muffler. It does cheese you off to hear such a vibration from a Caddy. Trim them away from the muffler, and your quiet ride and sanity will return.