: HIGH SPEED wind noises

harryctsv
01-31-07, 08:23 AM
Hi there,

I know you don`t drive this high speeds in the US as we do here in Germany but I`ve had my STS today out for it`s first high speed run on the Autobahn.

My odo shows 850 km (528 miles) and it was time to see what it`s able to do. I`ve had it up to 270 kph (168 mph) but observed a loud wind noise, mostly of the driver and a little less on my passenger front door. This noises start at about 120 mph.

Did anyone of you observed the same?

Harry

Davidstan
01-31-07, 09:52 AM
Wow....I'm envious Harry. I noticed some normal wind sound on my cts v but have not had the sts up to speed yet.

urbanski
01-31-07, 09:56 AM
i think you have a STS.....moved here from the V section

harryctsv
01-31-07, 10:19 AM
Wow....I'm envious Harry. I noticed some normal wind sound on my cts v but have not had the sts up to speed yet.
Talked to my dealer for that already and they told me the rubber-gaskets on the upper doorframe have to be adjusted.
No problems with my XLR on even higher speeds and the glass is frameless on it.

Harry

Onalaska
01-31-07, 08:35 PM
I noticed this also at about 125 MPH. Very quiet untill then and suddenly it sounded like the door poped open. I slowed back down as I thought the door actually opened. Actually the weatherstripping was not sealing on the driver's door and it was quiet loud. I am surprised at that since there are three rubber weatherstrips on the doors. I don't drive that fast normally so I guess it's not a problem and I am sure the dealer would just laugh at me if I complained. Only other time I have been that fast was in my 1968 Dodge Charger and it was at 140 MPH and had plenty more room to the floor, but you couldn't hear the wind noise for the engine.

big-tex
02-01-07, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I had posted my message before this thread started in another area and moved here. Good to know I'm not the only one.

I'll make an appointment next week to take mine in and mention the rubber gaskets.

Onalaska
02-01-07, 09:46 PM
Let me know what you find out at the dealer. I am looking at mine and the only adjustment I see is to move the door latch further in which would compress the gaskets more, but this could cause other problems with door alignment.

macklobell
02-02-07, 10:17 PM
My dealer claims he can't hear the wind noise.....They don't acknowledge anything unless you show them yourself..

ascariSTS
02-03-07, 10:54 PM
I drove my car to the dealer twice regarding that noise... they don't know how to fix it...

I wonder if ewill3rd can help us out ...

macklobell
02-04-07, 04:24 PM
I think mine is related to the rear window issue since it is coming from the back....I hope my window is going to break like others have been complaining about...I am very unhappy and my car is still in service...

harryctsv
02-05-07, 06:55 AM
I drove my car to the dealer twice regarding that noise... they don't know how to fix it...

I wonder if ewill3rd can help us out ...
Hi ascari,
sure it`s only the rubber-gaskets and the body shop is able to adjust them right.
We had this once before, a long time ago it was on my Dad`s 91 Fleetwood "sixty special" - right front door and after repair NO MORE WIND NOISES under fast driving.
I`ll bring my STS this or next week to my dealer to get this fixed.

I`ll let you know!

Harry