: Any one here from Covina CA (first name starts with a B), I have your radio...

anim8orCTSV
01-31-07, 02:36 AM
I had my radio replaced since the buttons were flaking and when I got in, the personalization screen was still programmed. So I saw the previous owners first name.

I was at LAX and I decided to "Go Home" on my NAV. When I looked I realized it was going in the wrong direction. At that point I remembered that I had the radio replaced so there was a different "home" programmed into it.

The home address is still programmed (the whole address number and all).

There has to be some sort of privacy issue here that GM should be aware of. I know I don't want someone to know my address and name. What if some wacko gets it and decides I gonna get that guy.

How hard can it be to reset the radios? They really should have some proccess in place for this.

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

p.s. I just had to make ANOTHER appointment for this radio (this is #3) since the top left button ("Band") had the letters printed crooked.

VelieVer ttt
01-31-07, 02:13 PM
Must be mine. I had it replaced a few weeks ago. What dealer did you go to? Mine was at Crestview.

thefred
01-31-07, 03:37 PM
There has to be some sort of privacy issue here that GM should be aware of. I know I don't want someone to know my address and name. What if some wacko gets it and decides I gonna get that guy.

Actually, its not any more information than you could get on the internet. Its just a partial name and address. I'm not sure there is any difference in it being set on a NAV or being in the phone book.

VelieVer ttt
02-01-07, 12:29 AM
Also he got a refurbished radio.

lawfive
02-01-07, 02:21 AM
Also he got a refurbished radio.

Thank you, that's the freaking issue!

thefred
02-01-07, 09:23 AM
Thank you, that's the freaking issue!
Based upon what I have read here (I think from ewill3rd), that is what you get. They send the radios back to Specmo (I think ) and then they are refurbished and returned to dealers when they need new ones.

CTS-V420
02-01-07, 11:10 AM
When I bought my used V, the Nav was still saved and programed to the previous owner
I didn't mind I just re-set it but hell Im was easier than most on this forum

ewill3rd
02-12-07, 09:32 PM
Yep, we send the cores back to specmo, they rework them, clean them up and ship them out to someone else.
Sometimes they don't clear them out.
On the couple I have seen it looked like they even forgot to fix them.
I had one that still had a guy's name on the screen and it was still broken so I had to take it back out and send it back in again.

They should have cleared the information out.

How funny would it have been if you had driven to the guy's house... but you probably would have figured it out after the first day ended and you were still driving... ;)