: Vibration in dash of 07' escalade,help!

slingshot
01-31-07, 12:07 AM
Hopefully someone out there has had similar problem so that I can better describe it to the dealership. I picked up the truck today. I got about 1 mile from the dealer when I noticed a pretty loud noise coming from the center to passenger side of the dash/firewall area. The only time I can get the vibration to occur is when I am stopped. It seems to be much worse when breaking or parked on the incline of my driveway. The noise almost sounds like a woodpecker, that only lasts about 5 -10 seconds. But it will come back every couple of minutes. Please tell me that you know the solution, I am sick over this. I am picturing this to be one of those problems that they fix and it will continue to return. Or the idiots at the dealership start ripping things apart on my 40 mile truck and it will never be the same. Thanks in advance for any hints or knowledge of this issue.

jtn999
01-31-07, 10:48 PM
I have had the same noise especially as I come to a stop on inclines. Does not happen all the time though. Took to dealer and they could not replicate nor find any thing wrong. It does not sound like any thing mechanical, more like some sort of vibration.

slingshot
02-05-07, 03:11 PM
I have had the same noise especially as I come to a stop on inclines. Does not happen all the time though. Took to dealer and they could not replicate nor find any thing wrong. It does not sound like any thing mechanical, more like some sort of vibration.

Open up the hood. Right next to the dipstick is a black tube coming through by the firewall. Bend that down a little. This stopped the vibration completely for me. I hope it works for you.