: Anyone's Navigation Screen ever go black?

LStasy003
01-30-07, 11:19 PM
Today I got into my car and turned it on and the Nav screen wouldn't turn on. I had my ipod in the aux and could hear it but I couldn't turn up the volume or work any of the radio functions. Then a couple hours later everything was fine. Ever happen to any of you guys?

Cajonkev
01-31-07, 02:23 AM
It is a known issue and seems to occur mostly when using the DVD Changer or the AUX inputs upon vehicle start.

There is a TSB that covers screen blanking and lock-ups but is from Feb 05 and does not seem to cover this current glitch...

Aurora5000
02-01-07, 12:46 PM
Yesterday mine would go to that "open screen" with the STS logo when you start up and then repeat over ande over. Had to hit the black "band" button below the screen to go to correct screen. Did it 3 times yesterday. No aux or other inputs. First time it has happened.:cookoo:

Cajonkev
02-01-07, 02:31 PM
Mine has done that twice with the "STS" logo doing its highlight over and over.

Once was due to my hitting the route key before the system finished booting up. The other happened on its own.

I'm fairly convinced its an issue with the boot sequence and if the system is interrupted either by the user or on its own at certain spots in the file load it causes the glitch.

Software/firmware dependent systems are a blessing, and a curse...

antddaddy
02-01-07, 09:39 PM
Mine started out that way going out and the only way to get it to come back on was to stop the car then turn the car off and restart it, eventually they replace the unit once I could prove it was happening. It was especially a problem when on the freeway. I think it was the disk player or switching from radio/xm that would set it off.