: What is this for?

JSMMV
01-30-07, 10:33 PM
Hi All,
New member here with a 05 AWD V-8. In the cargo area next to the "coat hanger" there is attachment ? point that has an anchor on it,WHAT is this thing for? It's driveing me nuts trying to figure out what it is.
Thanks Jeff

rackey
01-30-07, 10:46 PM
Maybe an anchor point for a child seat top tether?

n7don_srx
01-31-07, 07:37 AM
The wife looked it up in the owners manual. Rackey is right-on. There must be a standard for child seats attachments.

c5 rv
01-31-07, 11:51 AM
On the amphibious version of the SRX, that's where a Danforth anchor attaches. The rear jack storage area doubles as a rope locker. When you get to your fishing spot, open the rear hatch, throw out the anchor (making sure the end of the rope is firmly attached to one of the D-rings, and close the hatch. This was made much easier in 06 with the power liftgate.

TSS
01-31-07, 01:43 PM
I thought you were supposed to hang your bathing suit to dry from the anchor thingy. Glad it got cleared up on this thread.

Seriously, I could not imagine why there was an anchor on the "clip". Now I know!

urbanski
01-31-07, 02:13 PM
On the amphibious version of the SRX, that's where a Danforth anchor attaches. The rear jack storage area doubles as a rope locker. When you get to your fishing spot, open the rear hatch, throw out the anchor (making sure the end of the rope is firmly attached to one of the D-rings, and close the hatch. This was made much easier in 06 with the power liftgate.

:lol:

afg350ci
01-31-07, 05:08 PM

I found a picture of the amphibious version.

RunningOnEMT
01-31-07, 05:11 PM
I found a picture of the amphibious version.

TOTALLY off topic but what wheels are those

bet they'd look awesome on a V... doubt they come in 6 lug though

TSS
01-31-07, 06:48 PM
You think that is off topic ? Look how this thread started ! :)

scout01
02-03-07, 08:15 AM
I beleive that's the Chip Foose designed SRX.