: My radio cuts out every once in a while...yours?

DPL
01-30-07, 09:28 PM
I've dug through the archives here and haven't found anyone with a similar problem. My radio just cuts out for a few milliseconds every now and then. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. This happens on multiple stations. I don't use the CD player much so I can't be sure it happens with that too.

Anyone heard of this? Should I take it in for service?

DPL

4DOORVET
01-30-07, 09:33 PM
My Sat radio formally XM now Sirius loses its conection once in a while after starting the car up. When I restart the car after a few minutes it regains the connections... any ideas?

DPL
01-30-07, 10:27 PM
This was happening to me before I got XM. I gotta tell ya, I am not happy with the audio quality of my XM. I find myself listening to the comedy talk shows - the music quality sucks.

mdc
01-30-07, 10:28 PM
mine does that too ... drives me crazy

It happened with XM and now with the Sirius ... car has to be off for at least a minute before I can get my satelite back ...

gergreg
01-30-07, 10:33 PM
My CD player is crackling every now and again. I have to turn it off then back on.... getting old fast.

tedcmiller
01-31-07, 07:52 AM
The problem of temporary loss of radio signal in cars with digital receivers like XM is fairly common and occurs when digital signals are weak - usually due to the car's location. Both XM and Sirius are digital and, unlike analog, are either received or not. Analog fades in and out, while digital cuts on and off.

12race
01-31-07, 09:54 PM
I have an 06' just got it before Christmas. On two occassions my XM totally disappeared, nothing on my screen, but evrything else worked (AM, FM, CD, OnStar & NAV).

After stopping and parking for as little as 5 minutes up to an hour, poof it was back....weird. If it is intermittent, sounds like connection (ground or other?) on your possibly.

lawfive
02-01-07, 01:28 AM
The problem of temporary loss of radio signal in cars with digital receivers like XM is fairly common and occurs when digital signals are weak - usually due to the car's location. Both XM and Sirius are digital and, unlike analog, are either received or not. Analog fades in and out, while digital cuts on and off.

:yeah: Keep track of whether it's XM or analog. And what your environ is during the dropouts.

Jesda
02-01-07, 06:17 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/97321-xm-signal-disappearances.html

daytripper
02-01-07, 03:03 PM
I have the same problem, but it happens so infrequently and for such a short period, I've never bothered to have the dealer try to reproduce it. In my case, the radio drops out for a second and I get a static sound over the speakers. Has happened both on radio and CDs.

Is this the problem you have?

Brian R.

js615
02-01-07, 04:39 PM
Ditto on the static when playing CDs...never had it happen when listening to radio or XM - but plenty when playing CDs.

capt. dan
02-02-07, 04:15 PM
I have an 06' just got it before Christmas. On two occassions my XM totally disappeared, nothing on my screen, but evrything else worked (AM, FM, CD, OnStar & NAV).

My XM is doing the same thing. Never when I am close to the dealer. The dealer told me unless they can reproduce it they can not do anything.

DPL
02-02-07, 06:56 PM
All these posts and no one has said anything about the actual audio quality of XM...

Is it mine or is it the worth quality you could have ever expected?

I was expecting hi res digital audio but instead I got pathetic low res...

And I prepaid for a year...sigh...

G--
02-03-07, 06:57 AM
I have the same problem, but it happens so infrequently and for such a short period, I've never bothered to have the dealer try to reproduce it. In my case, the radio drops out for a second and I get a static sound over the speakers. Has happened both on radio and CDs.

Is this the problem you have?

Brian R.

I have this exact same issue. It happens VERY infrequently, so much that I forgot it even happens until this post reminded me that I have had this happen on a couple of occasions. For me, it's only analog radio, I do not have XM, and it only drops for about 1 second and comes right back...thought it was my location, but it's happened only a handful of times so I've never thought much of it...

capt. dan
02-04-07, 07:32 AM
All these posts and no one has said anything about the actual audio quality of XM...

Is it mine or is it the worth quality you could have ever expected?

I was expecting hi res digital audio but instead I got pathetic low res...

And I prepaid for a year...sigh...

I was not impressed with the sound quality of XM when I first had it turned on. I dont know if it has improved or I dont care anymore but it does not bother me like it used to. I do listen to more news and talk radio than I did at first.

Dan