: Memory Seat and Steering Wheel

rchern
01-30-07, 10:08 PM
I'm having a problem with my memory seat and steering wheel. They never seem to go back to where I set them. I scrool through the menu to the corresponding place and then set them and that doesn't work. I tried hitting a button on the key fob first so the computer recognizes it and then setting them like the manual suggests and that doesn't work. Anyone have a problem like this or a suggestion as to what I could be doing wrong?

ssstealth
01-30-07, 10:18 PM
Anytime you get the seat and steering wheel in a comfortable position, press the "CONFIG" button to bring up the proper screen and the press-and-hold the appropriate driver button until you hear the double beep. That is how you know it has been saved.

Also look in the settings menu and double check the position settings. You can have the position recall happen at unlock or at car-start.

malcolm
01-31-07, 03:44 PM
Beware of fine tuning. A slight adjustment though saved usually puts you right back to the prevoius position. The adjustments apparently aren't that granular.

Heavy_Metal
01-31-07, 06:32 PM
Beware of fine tuning. A slight adjustment though saved usually puts you right back to the prevoius position. The adjustments apparently aren't that granular.

I have also been confused by this problem with small changes in seat position memory: When I adjust the seat while driving it comes back to a slightly different position than the original memory setting. Also, when I try to save new small changes it doesn’t always recall the exact setting. :bonkers:

I am happy with my 2005 STS4 1SG, though, except for the poor quality bluetooth and the control lockout above 5mph.

malcolm
01-31-07, 08:02 PM
I agree the lockout is a PITA. Sometimes on a long drive I will fine tune the seat to a position that I like but can't save it till I stop and usually I forget to save it and it's gone.