: Front end noise broken strut?

SullenClothing
01-30-07, 05:47 PM
I had the same problem with my old regular cts going overs bumps hearing a blown broken shock noise. I told the service guy multiple times when I took my V in that it was a broken strut. They had my car for about a week and all they did was tighten some loose rear end stuff and lube the front and guess what it still makes the noise. Anyone else have this problem?

SullenClothing
01-30-07, 05:54 PM
I had the same problem with my old regular cts going overs bumps hearing a blown broken shock noise. I told the service guy multiple times when I took my V in that it was a broken strut. They had my car for about a week and all they did was tighten some loose rear end stuff and lube the front and guess what it still makes the noise. Anyone else have this problem?

Its also very embarassing when going through parking lots with speed bumps! I have to make sure the suspension doesnt work a bit when going over any speed bumps.

Vdrenaline
01-30-07, 10:55 PM

Yes I had the same problem. The front end would clunk over railroad tracks and bumps. First they replaced 2 defective shock absorbers. That didn't fix it. So I drove it for quite awhile cause I didn't feel like taking the time to bring it in again. Then the idle started to be very rough and the engine started feeling rough all the time. So I brought it back in and they got serious about fixing it. They said it was running rough because both engine mounts were broken, they replaced both control arms and every bushing on the car (front & rear suspension, anti roll bars, tranny & differential). They then tightened every bolt on the suspension system and sure enough, the clunking in the front was gone. My guess is that it started clunking when the first engine mount broke and they simply didn't think to fix a clunk in the front end by checking a motor mount.

Unrelated but I had another problem that they couldn't fix for a long time but finally did: The stability control system was coming on all the time when it should not have (such as driving a steady 70MPH in the dry on a straight flat road). It was a sensor in the steering rack.

They also replaced my battery.

All of the above was done free of charge. Gotta love the bumper to bumper warranty.

Thanks for great service Greenwich CT Cadillac & Saab dealer!

SullenClothing
01-30-07, 11:48 PM
Yes I had the same problem. The front end would clunk over railroad tracks and bumps. First they replaced 2 defective shock absorbers. That didn't fix it. So I drove it for quite awhile cause I didn't feel like taking the time to bring it in again. Then the idle started to be very rough and the engine started feeling rough all the time. So I brought it back in and they got serious about fixing it. They said it was running rough because both engine mounts were broken, they replaced both control arms and every bushing on the car (front & rear suspension, anti roll bars, tranny & differential). They then tightened every bolt on the suspension system and sure enough, the clunking in the front was gone. My guess is that it started clunking when the first engine mount broke and they simply didn't think to fix a clunk in the front end by checking a motor mount.

Unrelated but I had another problem that they couldn't fix for a long time but finally did: The stability control system was coming on all the time when it should not have (such as driving a steady 70MPH in the dry on a straight flat road). It was a sensor in the steering rack.

They also replaced my battery.

All of the above was done free of charge. Gotta love the bumper to bumper warranty.

Thanks for great service Greenwich CT Cadillac & Saab dealer!

That may explain the very rough idle in my car! Thanks for the info... Very much appreciated.

Want to do a shout out to Bunnin Cadillac in Oxnard, CA
Thanks for not replacing my rear end
Stealing all 4 floor matts
Charging my credit card for a rental when they said it was no charge.
You guys are #1