: Edmund's Inside Line Road Test 2007 Cadillac DTS

gdwriter
01-30-07, 05:34 PM
Edmund's Inside Line just published a full test of the 2007 Cadillac DTS (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=119366?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1 .*). Considering their mostly negative reviews of GM cars in the past, this one is refreshingly positive.

Of course, they say the DTS is an throwback to old-style luxury, but at least they acknowledge "that not every luxury sedan needs to be sporty. And, God help us, we liked it."

"The DTS rides, well, it rides like a Cadillac. And we mean that in the way people used to use the term. The difference, at least for the DTS with its Magnetic-Ride automatically adjusting dampers, is a car that doesn't pitch and wallow like a dinghy in choppy water."

On the second opinions page, another reviewer wrote, "I know most people would consider a car like the Lexus LS long before the DTS, but I think the Cadillac has more character."

Worth reading.

Jesda
02-01-07, 09:56 AM
I agree with the review. Quiche tastes like crap.

Jesda
08-04-08, 11:29 PM
All of this might not totally explain why we attempted to steer our loaded DTS with only one thumb and a forefinger on its large-diameter steering wheel.

It seemed somehow appropriate to roll easy down city streets with our upper body listing slightly to the right, our right elbow resting on the cushy center pad and our left thumb locked around the bottom-left steering wheel spoke.

We glided around town in this fashion for a week.

Not once did we feel the desire to turn the car quickly. Other than at the test track, we never applied the brakes in anything but a leisurely manner. And naturally we never bothered changing gears because the DTS has only a conventional automatic with no sequential-shift capability. Anyway, the transmission contains only four forward gears, half as many as the automatic in the new Lexus LS 460. So what would really be the point?

And, God help us, we liked it. How much of our enjoyment is based on the novelty of driving such a throwback is not immediately clear.

Just found this thread again.

ryannel2003
08-04-08, 11:33 PM
I've already decided my next Cadillac will be a DTS Luxury III w/ Nav. Don't know what that says about me, but I love 'em too.

eyekandyboats.inc
10-05-08, 12:53 PM
well i recently got a 01 DTS and i have to say i love it more ten my ETC and V combined.
except there doesn't seem to be as much power.

when its time for a new car the DTS preformance III will be what i am going for