: Superchips programmer for my 07 ESV

Jackalope Eye
01-29-07, 07:14 PM
Hey guys. I programmed my 07 ESV with the Superchips programmer as soon as I got it. I must add that I have never done this before and I have no idea what to set things at. I am pretty sure I just went with everything the programmer suggested. I was really impressed by the increased power and noticed a little better gas mileage...BUT....I was getting really bad engine knock when I really got on the gas. I use 91 octane religiously and never got the knocking before. I have since gone back to stock as far as the programmer goes. The only thing I have added on is the Volant cold air induction.

Any suggestions on what I am programming wrong. Thanks in advance.

Lord Cadillac
01-30-07, 06:57 AM
Have you tried using 93 octane yet? You might need to under the new settings...

hcvone
01-30-07, 07:29 AM
You also may have got a tank of bad gas, you really should not be knocking that bad on 91 octane

Jackalope Eye
01-30-07, 05:02 PM
In California we can only get 91 octane. I go thru a tank of gas a week and I'm sure I drove the truck for a month and got gas at different filling stations.

I'm sure I can't go to the Caddy dealership and have a mechanic do it. Where should I go? I'd hate to go to some independent shop that isn't well acquainted with the 6.2L engine.

nbomar
01-30-07, 05:38 PM
Off subject but dang that sucks Cali residents pay more than anyone for gas and only get 91 octane??? ha...that sucks...

cadymon
01-31-07, 01:26 AM
Off subject but dang that sucks Cali residents pay more than anyone for gas and only get 91 octane??? ha...that sucks...

i know tak about it:rant2: