: Keyless Entry Remote Problem or Re-program

2007lade
01-29-07, 05:37 PM
I have a 2007 escalade with just over 6k miles and the Keyless entry remote will not work anymore. It works when you exit the car to lock the doors but after a minute or two it will not work anymore.
I know it is not the batteries because it will do it with both remotes (and I checked the voltage). I was wondering if I have to reprogram the remotes? If so, does anyone know how to do it?

Silverbuell
01-29-07, 06:10 PM
We to had the same problem occur in early November wiht our 07 ESV, and while I followed the owners manual instructions and reset the remotes, they failed. We took it to our dealer and they unplugged and reset the module, and it worked fine for about 2 months, then happened again.

This time there is a TSB, software update and they also replaced both remotes.

I suggest you take it to your dealer.

Tim in VA

ewill3rd
01-29-07, 08:10 PM
Yes, take it to the dealer, there is a fix available for this concern.

Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed (Replace Transmitter and Replace/Reprogram Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR)) #06-08-52-002C - (01/16/2007)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Lucerne

2006-2007 Cadillac DTS

2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2007 Pontiac Torrent

Attention: This update does not apply to the 2006-2007 Monte Carlo, which has been temporarily removed from the bulletin. The bulletin will be updated when the Monte Carlo information is available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to include the Chevrolet Impala. An additional repair procedure has also been added for the Impala. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-52-002B (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions:

• The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

• The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

• The new RKE transmitters cannot be programmed.

Cause
Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the RCDLR software/hardware.

Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE BCM OR RADIO ANTENNA MODULE.

Complete the following repair procedures for all vehicles listed in this bulletin:

Important: When programming a new or existing RCDLR, the programming instructions in SI must be followed.

• On vehicles equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM), the tire type and tire pressures must be selected in the module set-up using the Tech 2®. If this step is not performed, the RCDLR will not retain the tire pressures after the TPM system is learned.

Tip: When selecting the Tire Type/Pressure, choose the appropriate selection on the Tech 2 based on psi, not kPa.

• Relearn the TPM sensors using the J 46079 and following the procedure found in SI.

Reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software update available through TIS2WEB.
Important: New transmitters are identified by a star on the back of the transmitter. It is important to verify that the replacement transmitters have a star on the back.

Replace both Remote Keyless Entry transmitters.
Program the transmitters using the procedure listed in SI.

2007lade
01-30-07, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the input, you guys are great-I will take it to the dealer tomorrow.

hcvone
01-30-07, 07:33 AM
Thanks Bill. :)

ewill3rd
01-30-07, 08:45 AM
You can see that bulletin is pretty new, we have already done a few with no problems.

You guys are more than welcome.
;)