: 2007 Escalade wont remote start?

nbomar
01-29-07, 04:32 PM
For some reason today my escalade wouldn't remote start. It also wouldn't chirp the horn when hitting the lock button twice. it just flashed the lights 3 times whenever i tried to honk it or remote start....I cranked it up manually and now it works fine again. What did I do to disable these 2 features??

Nick

ejholt
01-29-07, 05:56 PM
I've actually had the same problem since purchasing my EXT a few ago. Sometimes it will work, but a majority of the time it does not. Has anyone had similiar problems?

ewill3rd
01-29-07, 08:13 PM
This may be related.
Have your dealer check it out.

Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed (Replace Transmitter and Replace/Reprogram Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR)) #06-08-52-002C - (01/16/2007)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Lucerne

2006-2007 Cadillac DTS

2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2007 Pontiac Torrent

Attention: This update does not apply to the 2006-2007 Monte Carlo, which has been temporarily removed from the bulletin. The bulletin will be updated when the Monte Carlo information is available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to include the Chevrolet Impala. An additional repair procedure has also been added for the Impala. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-52-002B (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions:

• The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

• The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

• The new RKE transmitters cannot be programmed.

Cause
Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the RCDLR software/hardware.

Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE BCM OR RADIO ANTENNA MODULE.

Complete the following repair procedures for all vehicles listed in this bulletin:

Important: When programming a new or existing RCDLR, the programming instructions in SI must be followed.

• On vehicles equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM), the tire type and tire pressures must be selected in the module set-up using the Tech 2®. If this step is not performed, the RCDLR will not retain the tire pressures after the TPM system is learned.

Tip: When selecting the Tire Type/Pressure, choose the appropriate selection on the Tech 2 based on psi, not kPa.

• Relearn the TPM sensors using the J 46079 and following the procedure found in SI.

Reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software update available through TIS2WEB.
Important: New transmitters are identified by a star on the back of the transmitter. It is important to verify that the replacement transmitters have a star on the back.

Replace both Remote Keyless Entry transmitters.
Program the transmitters using the procedure listed in SI.

nbomar
01-30-07, 05:31 PM
Thanks, if it happens again I might check that. however the remote FOB was working because it would flash the lights 3 times whenever i pushed lock or remote start....

ecs177
01-31-07, 09:30 AM
make sure you lock the doors right before you try the autostart... you won't be able to autostart without locking the doors first even if they are already locked... also, if you don't hit the lock button twice kind of quickly - it might not make the beeping sound....

hesaves0211
12-27-09, 01:16 PM
whats the RCDLR and how much does that cost?

good info, this answered my question

mikeb33
01-04-10, 09:21 PM
My Yuke got a orange check engine light for a purge valve code. While that is current, remote start won't work. I cleared the code and remote start worked until the code returned.

gagnejs8
01-04-10, 10:08 PM
Also make sure the remote start is enabled in the options in the driver information center (DIC)

ewill3rd
01-05-10, 09:29 AM
Remote control door lock receiver = RCDLR
Not sure on pricing.