: Searching came up empty, so I'm posting...

T-Dizzy
01-28-07, 03:28 PM
Hope I can find get some suggestions, or confirmation that I don't want to waste my time and money:

I have a 2003 EXT with the Bose stereo, no Navigation.

I am installing a 5.1 MP3/DVD computer with an 8" touchscreen in the dash.

I'd like to not have to replace the stock Bose speakers (I will probably wire a center-channel speaker under the windshield - maybe swipe an old Bose for homogeneality)

I'm confident that I need the Peripheral Electronics harness to bypass the stock amp. Where can I find a 6-channel 1 ohm amp (or 3 2-channel, or 6 1-channel!) to power the speakers.

Alternatively, can I hook up a 2/4 ohm amp to the stock speakers , or will that blow them apart?

Lastly, it is all in vain to keep the stock speakers, or should I just replace everything with 4-ohm equipment and speakers? Perhaps it is futile to resist the "if it's Bose, replace the whole thing" dogma...

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

- Tony

CadillacSTS42005
01-28-07, 10:42 PM
you need to replace them
different amps will either underpower them due to the 1 ohm independence of the speaks or overpower them and blow them...
if you do that just run new wires from your new hu to your new speakers, no need to buy that harness, thats more for adding subs and keeping bose...