: 07 Escalade Noises

hdman1216
01-27-07, 08:22 AM
Just got my 07 AWD 3 weeks ago. I have had all kinds of flapping and clunking noises in the back part of the truck. Took it to the dealer and they worked on it all day. Now the clunking noise is less but the flapping is the same. They tightened the spare tire carrier and that seemed to help.

My question is, has anyone heard a flapping noise that comes from the rear bumper. The noise is not there when the hitch cover is removed. The cover is on tight but it must create some kind of noise when installed. Dealer is trying to decide what to do next.

My 05 QX56 never and any rattles or other odd noises.

You comments will be appreciated.

Don
:bang2: :dammit:

caddycruiser
01-27-07, 09:38 AM
Noises drive me nuts too, but at least it sounds like your dealer is really trying.

As for the hitch cover, since it kind of is held in by pressure against the bumper, it's no wonder why it can make noise--any kind of movement between the two, flexing, and/or temperature changes, etc. could likely cause that. It's essentially a plastic on plastic issue.

That said, if others don't experience it, it probably is just a weird problem yours is having. I'd say there has to be some kind of defect in the molding of either the bumper or that cover, or it could just be a factor of something that's excited by shrinkage from the cold. Basically, just looseness that then causes a flapping and the noise you hear--especially if it goes away when the fill-in panel is removed.

If they can't figure something out, could you just leave the cover off or does that look bother you?

hcvone
01-27-07, 01:02 PM
I had my hitch covers on and off of both Escalade's and towed several times, I get no noises from anywere, knock on wood.

cadymon
01-27-07, 08:33 PM
no noise here

2007lade
01-27-07, 09:01 PM
I have a noise coming from the rear of the escalade and have narrowed it down to a rattle coming from the rear dome light area. Its a real annoying rattle. I have not had a chance to take it to the dealer yet-but can duplicate the sound just by tapping in that area.