: Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's

ssmith100
01-26-07, 11:30 AM
Just got my second set of these installed on my car yesterday. First set got 32,000 miles out of. This is the best tire I have ever used bar none and I've tried them all. Went back a little smaller on my CCW's this time. Sure was nice and quiet on the drive in this morning.

Shane

rand49er
01-26-07, 05:09 PM
Need thebigjimsho to chime about now.

urbanski
01-26-07, 05:09 PM
i'll be lucky to get 15K out of mine, the rears are just above the wear bars at 12K. haha.
but yeah, they rock...except in the cold and wet :p

50 4Ever
01-26-07, 05:20 PM
My next set will be PS2's. Last march at 13K miles I put on GS-D3's. January 8th at Laguna Seca, with 25k miles, all wear bars were about 1/32 below the tread, by the end of the day there were no wear bars. So these GS-D3's lasted 12k, maybe I cal get 13k out of them.

PS2's here I come.

tweeter81
01-26-07, 06:14 PM
Just got my second set of these installed on my car yesterday. First set got 32,000 miles out of. This is the best tire I have ever used bar none and I've tried them all. Went back a little smaller on my CCW's this time. Sure was nice and quiet on the drive in this morning.

Shane

Hey Shane,

If I remember right, you had the 295s out back, did you go with 285s this time? And if so, why, were the 295s rubbing because you are lowered?

Back to topic at hand, I will be getting a set probably next time I need to replace my rubber(s), haha. :lildevil:

ssmith100
01-26-07, 07:05 PM
I actually went back to 245/40's on the front and 275/35's on the rear. I got a hell of a deal on these sizes from a shop here in Conroe.

On a side note, I think I'm going to buy a Chrysler Crossfire on Monday. Chrysler has a deal running for the dealerships for mega dollars off of 2006 cars. If they have a SRT6 car for a deal I may buy one of those.

Anybody want a good deal on a 04 V with new Michelins:o

Shane

thebigjimsho
01-26-07, 07:12 PM
I actually went back to 245/40's on the front and 275/35's on the rear. I got a hell of a deal on these sizes from a shop here in Conroe.

On a side note, I think I'm going to buy a Chrysler Crossfire on Monday. Chrysler has a deal running for the dealerships for mega dollars off of 2006 cars. If they have a SRT6 car for a deal I may buy one of those.

Anybody want a good deal on a 04 V with new Michelins:o

ShaneYou know, for all the audio knowledge and the spare you sent me, I just can't say anything bad about you. But that Crossfire statement hurts...

thebigjimsho
01-26-07, 07:14 PM
Need thebigjimsho to chime about now.What can I possibly add about the PS2s? They're the bomb.

thebigjimsho
01-26-07, 07:16 PM
but yeah, they rock...except in the cold and wet :pSpoken like a true Texan.:bouncy:

ssmith100
01-26-07, 09:11 PM
Jimbo,

I won't get rid of the V. I just finished the new sub enclosure that seals off from the trunk (Leather with suede inserts) looks awesome.

The Crossfire could become a new DD. For the amount off of sticker my wife and them are going to get them for it's almost a no brainer.

heh......it's been wet and cold here in big Tex:cool:

Shane

zozmanCTS-V
01-27-07, 10:37 AM

Shane

Shane: According to Tire Rack. the Michelin PS2s are about $60 apiece higher than the Goodyear GS-D3s while the Goodyear's have a higher tread wear rating. Are the Michelins worth that added cost?

thebigjimsho
01-27-07, 02:48 PM
Shane: According to Tire Rack. the Michelin PS2s are about $60 apiece higher than the Goodyear GS-D3s while the Goodyear's have a higher tread wear rating. Are the Michelins worth that added cost?Holy YES Batman!

Luna.
01-27-07, 05:50 PM
Are the sidewalls on the PS2s substantially as stiff as the Falkens?