: Bluetooth 5 MPH Cutoff

Drivenow
01-26-07, 05:34 AM
:hmm: My 2006 STS Bluetooth screen cuts off ("Bluetooth Unavailable") when my vehicle hits about 5 MPH -- Bluetooth (with my Motorola E815) works fine under 5 MPH or in Park -- Anyone have a remedy for this problem? Thanks!

ewill3rd
01-26-07, 06:07 AM
The only remedy is to go less than 5mph.
All the lawyers have made it so you can't access on screen features while driving. Be sure to send a thank you card to your favorite lawyer.

On the plus side, I am pretty sure that vehicle allows you to store voice records to dial while you are driving that do not require use of the keypad.
I believe if you go in to your address book there are options to store a voice name to use with your bluetooth setup.
I haven't gotten a chance to play with that feature because customers rarely leave me their phones. Plus those tags will be user senstive since they store your voice and compare what they hear to what you stored.

STSSISU
01-26-07, 02:56 PM
You can also dial from the phone (I know--why have Blue Tooth if you have to do this) and use the Blue Tooth system to talk. At the end of the call just push the red phone icon on the Nav Screen and your call is disconnected.

jgrade
01-26-07, 03:36 PM
Voice tags work great, but the phone book is limited to 10 entries and the voice tags need to be VERY different from each other. For example "home" and "mom" are way too close and short for the VC to understand.

By the way you can end a hands free call by pressing the VC button on the steering wheel also. I start the call with the VC and end with the VC button. i never need to get into the screen unless It is for a number that is not programmed. In that case, I use the phone to dial. GM's lawyers would rather you sure your phone carrier then them.

Drivenow
01-27-07, 05:01 AM
How do you create "voice tags" for the hands free (VC) steering wheel button to access for Bluetooth phone?

NC STS-V
01-27-07, 10:50 PM
How do you create "voice tags" for the hands free (VC) steering wheel button to access for Bluetooth phone?

If I remember correctly this is done on the Bluetooth screen. Once your phone is paired and you are parked you can hit the AUX button which should take you to the Bluetooth phone screen. I think there was an address book button that you press to add a phone number. Once the phone number is added you can edit the entry and select the Voicetag button to add a voice tag.

So far my experience has been hit or miss with the VC button. I usually have to repeat the Phone Dial Name command, but once it recognizes the command it almost always gets the voice tag right on the first try.

Ron