: Radio replaced for flaked buttons (of course it could NOT go smoothly)...

anim8orCTSV
01-26-07, 03:16 AM
Check this out...

I took my V in to get the bevel around the window controls replaced and at the same time I was going to have the radio replaced due to the buttons flaking.

Dropped it off Monday. I was told to come in and pick up the car on Tuesday. They said it was all done.

I get my car and nothing was fixed. They end up telling me, "Oh the part was not here." So I am thinking why did you tell me to bring it in then. One of the other service guys said, "Someone probably sold it." Nice.

Dropped it off again yesterday and picked it up today. Started off ok then...

I whnt to turn the volume down from the steering wheel and it changed the band it was on. I hit volume up and it changed the station it was on. I hit Tune up and it increased the temp on the AC. I hit Tune down and the voice activation was started.

I turned around and pulled into service and the get the guy that did the install and I say it looks like the buttons have been hooked up as if this were a CTS. He plays with them for a second and says I hooked it up right, it looks like the buttons are messed up.

Let me ask you guys this, in this case when I am having the radio replaced since this is a new car still 12k 06. Shouldn't I get a NEW radio? I went to personalize the radio and it had the name "Brian's" programmed into it and all the station preset names were set.

Since this car is new shouldn't I get a NEW radio? It wasn't my fault that the buttons flaked off.

What do all of you think?

-Paul

dqw1
01-26-07, 03:45 AM
You have steering wheel volume control?

anim8orCTSV
01-26-07, 06:45 AM
To be exact...

Radio Volume control on the steering wheel.

-Paul

ewill3rd
01-26-07, 07:04 AM
You have one of two problems.

1. The radio repair facility did not properly repair the radio and QC it before they shipped it to your dealer.

2. The technician didn't perform the "radio setup" with the Tech2, which is more likely. This setup procedure does a VIN learn and flips the bits in the radio to identify vehicle hardware configuration. This is essential in a V because the steering wheel controls are different on a V than they are on the base CTS.

I have seen radios pre-programmed with customer data from the previous owner and usually there was something else wrong with the radio.

When you get it back, before you leave the dealership, use the buttons to scroll through your IPC data screen on the left side of the cluster.
If this feature does not work properly then the radio was not "set up" properly.

HTH

sy1172
01-26-07, 07:38 AM
I want to know more about these volume controls from the steering wheel!

WHYTRY
01-26-07, 09:08 AM
me to

HushH
01-26-07, 09:14 AM
You guys don't have volume control on the wheel??? Was that new for 06 or something?

The Tony Show
01-26-07, 09:21 AM
Yes it was. Prior to '06 and '07s, we had cruise control buttons on the steering wheel where your volume controls are.

austin
01-26-07, 10:07 AM
This one is news to me as well. 06+ "V's" having radio volume controls on the steering wheel. Where did they put the cruise control.

:postpics:

The Tony Show
01-26-07, 10:38 AM
They used the "Official GM Corporate Headlight Stalk"*(left of the steering wheel) that incorporates the cruise in the form of the little button on the end.

*as seen in almost every GM vehicle since 1990

OldRoadDawg
01-26-07, 10:55 AM
They used the "Official GM Corporate Headlight Stalk"*(left of the steering wheel) that incorporates the cruise in the form of the little button on the end.

*as seen in almost every GM vehicle since 1990
Tony, out of curiosity.. did they incorporate a 'Cancel' feature into the cruise when they changed it over to the stalk or is it the same old stalk control that GM has been using for 20 yrs? I miss that on the V. All my other cars have it, so that you can tap or flick it rather than tap the brake pedal to disengage the cruise and then tap the 'Resume' to re-engage it.