: Gm Lockpick 2007 Escalade

cadymon
01-26-07, 12:12 AM
i just got done installing my GM LOCKPICK on my 2007 ESV ESCALADE.
damn boys im lovin it its working fine no flaws here.
i would recommend this stuff its easy to install and it WORKS.

erf2u
01-26-07, 12:25 AM
how bout pics and/or a how-to description???

hcvone
01-26-07, 07:34 AM
I could not get the first or second gen. to work in my trucks, well let me say it worked, just caused other things not to work. Glad it worked for you

253caddy
01-26-07, 12:10 PM
Is it true you cant have the Ipod hooked up when the lockpic is used??? I cant see lugging around all my CD's again...

403HP
01-26-07, 12:41 PM
Cadymon - is this the one through coastaltech?

hcvone
01-26-07, 01:41 PM
Yes they make it for several companies

cadymon
01-26-07, 05:31 PM
Cadymon - is this the one through coastaltech?

yes i got these thru them only thing issue i was having was getting my damn panels off.you need to be pretty careful when your removing pieces since i almost bent the piece.yes everything is explainitory when you get it.

hcvone...how long ago did you get the unit since the last update they had on the unit was like couple of weeks ago i think.
sorry to here that yours didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.

ill try to get some pics up asap.

///MB
01-26-07, 05:33 PM
Congrats. I'm waiting for UPS to deliver mine today as we speak. I hope the install goes smoothly for me.

Was it easy to pop off the dash panels? How did you do it?

Thanks.

hcvone
01-26-07, 07:40 PM
yes i got these thru them only thing issue i was having was getting my damn panels off.you need to be pretty careful when your removing pieces since i almost bent the piece.yes everything is explainitory when you get it.

hcvone...how long ago did you get the unit since the last update they had on the unit was like couple of weeks ago i think.
sorry to here that yours didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.

ill try to get some pics up asap.

I had two, one was the first gen and the second one was about two months ago, they said it was their lastest, at least at that time. Do you have an Ipod hooked to your sound system?

MarkMatthews
01-26-07, 08:17 PM
Cant you just ground out a wire like you do every other after market radio to watch movies in motion? It just seems like a pain in the ass to have to press a bunch a buttons.

///MB
01-26-07, 10:48 PM
Cant you just ground out a wire like you do every other after market radio to watch movies in motion? It just seems like a pain in the ass to have to press a bunch a buttons.

I don't think so, otherwise everyone would be doing that instead. I think it's linked to the GPS sensor and knows when the car is moving.

In any case, I just got through installing mine. Let me just start by saying that it was a big pain in the a$$ to install. The actual installation instructions on their website is very vague and not detailed enough. The hardest part, as others have mentioned, was prying the dash and console panels off. They should have better pictures with arrows pointing to where you should pull on the trim and in which direction, so you don't break it. Luckily I didn't break anything, but some more detailed instructions would have helped.
The next tough part was pushing the nav screen unit back in with all the extra wiring harness and connectors you have to install. Again, some detailed instructions would've helped. I ended up just forcing it and screwing it back in. Everything lines up fine, but I don't know if there was a better way. I couldn't find one.

I haven't had too much time to drive around with it yet, but the lockpick seems to work pretty well so far. I'll give an update once I get to play around with it some more.

Anyway, I would recommend it for people but installing it is a pain.

quiksilver
01-26-07, 10:59 PM
from my understanding you cannot simply ground a wire in the new escalades. they are too sofisticated for that. However, I think the newest lockpick is handsfree...no buttons to push.

cadymon
01-26-07, 11:29 PM
I had two, one was the first gen and the second one was about two months ago, they said it was their lastest, at least at that time. Do you have an Ipod hooked to your sound system?

no i have no ipod since i dont care for ipod.

cadymon
01-26-07, 11:41 PM
another thing is on ther video install instruction there was no other wire beside plug and play but there are other wires for like front camera so you can run front camera on your AUX.and i guess i did everything rite since i dont need to push three time on the steering wheel button.i dont know why but my thing works fine like if its suppost to be ike this.the dvd works fine in motion but the navigation was trippin a litttle because earlier today while i was driving with my puff puff pass dvd playing i just started messin around and ill tell u this everything works with no flaws im happy since i dont need to push the button like the way they explain.please dont ask me how i got it to work i have no ideal.

hcvone
01-27-07, 06:15 AM
no i have no ipod since i dont care for ipod.

I never did either, until I started driving back and forth from Montana to Pa. ;)

cadymon
01-27-07, 01:26 PM
I never did either, until I started driving back and forth from Montana to Pa. ;)

is it pretty easy to hook up the i-pod?

hcvone
01-29-07, 08:02 AM
I got one of those modules from GM Geek, it took 5 minutes (I kid you not) to hook it up.

///MB
02-01-07, 05:20 AM
For those who have the lockpick installed, does your lockpick switch on and off when it's enabled (after hitting the window lock button 4xs)? For example, when I'm typing an address in while moving, the letters briefly turn dark so I can't type them, then light back up. Not sure if that's normal. It seems like the nav wants to disable then the lockpick takes over again and back and forth.
Thanks.

zeetree
02-02-07, 03:10 AM
Sorry Mark - but the simple workarounds are just not there for the 07's - I also have a v2 of the Lockpick and have no side effects on my ESV - even though I also have other 3rd party devices like the iPod adapter from Neucleus. The DVD plays in the front screen without any so-called "press a bunch of buttons." The On-Star phone pad and the Navigation complete entry pad do need activated by pressing the window lock trigger 4 times. Is this a hassle? Yeah, a little. But pretty minor in reality. The install was a breeeze - although I will fully admit to being scared sh*tless at the concept of screwing something up - but my fears were truly unwarranted. Am I happy with it? Absolutely. Does it work as advertised? Absolutely. Could I ask for more? Absolutely - GM needs to open the headunit specification up for third parties - the loss in options revenue for them would be nothing compared to the generated goodwill and offset sales volume increase by folks using the opportunity to make a better driving experience.

zeetree
02-02-07, 03:15 AM
///MB - yes - this is normal behavior - just wait a second and it will be usable again so long as you are actively entering info - should you stop or be slow entering info (which happens in many real-world situations) you will have to re-enter the 4 clicks to the window unlock switch.

cadymon
02-02-07, 03:22 AM
///MB - yes - this is normal behavior - just wait a second and it will be usable again so long as you are actively entering info - should you stop or be slow entering info (which happens in many real-world situations) you will have to re-enter the 4 clicks to the window unlock switch.

+1 yes i must agreed

zeetree
02-05-07, 06:59 PM
I have the lockpick as well as the nucleus ipod connector and have no conflicts between the two devices at all.

MarkMatthews
02-05-07, 10:49 PM
Is the $249.00 price tag the cheapest that i can get it 4? Also where do i get the nucleus ipod adapter at?

hcvone
02-06-07, 07:46 AM
Contact GM Geek, he is on this site a lot :)

zeetree
02-06-07, 11:20 PM
yes - the nucleus is probably cheapest from GM_geek - you can use froogle to double check (BUT make sure you get the latest x.4+ version) - as to the Lockpick - I have not seen it at a lesser price than coastaltech (but would have liked to...)

yourgmsolutions
02-06-07, 11:32 PM
I have a few neucleus pieces left.
I also have iConnect
as far as lockpick modules, I may save you guys like $30 on the same thing.

MarkMatthews
02-07-07, 12:00 AM
gm geek which one would be better with the lockpick? and can you get me a total on one of ipod adapters and the lockpick shipped.

yourgmsolutions
02-07-07, 12:07 AM
lockpick is same as coastall one. no difference (same bugs and issues)
I buy them mostly for Chevy's/GMCs.
which iPod kit are you interesting ? iConnect or neucleus one ?

MarkMatthews
02-07-07, 12:40 AM
what are the differences in the iconnect and neucleus? Also is the lockpick you have the 2nd generation?

yourgmsolutions
02-07-07, 01:06 AM
what are the differences in the iconnect and neucleus? Also is the lockpick you have the 2nd generation?

1. difference between two ? one is more $$$ then other one Neucleus one worked ok for some ppl, and did not adapted well for others. I Connect is a little less headache for me.
2. lock_pick is 2nd generation

MarkMatthews
02-07-07, 01:15 AM
less headache as far as availability or reliability? im assuming the Iconnect is more $$$.

yourgmsolutions
02-07-07, 01:29 AM
less headache as far as availability or reliability? im assuming the Iconnect is more $$$.

don't really know how to describe it, but you can try either one of them, if one does not worke out for You, then You can try other one, if still not happy. You'll get refund. I am very flexible with that

MarkMatthews
02-07-07, 01:31 AM
well how much for the lockpick and the nucleus? do you take paypal? how soon can it ship?

MarkMatthews
02-07-07, 01:48 AM
sent you an email earlier via stevenmatthews. thats my first name. tried to just now and my email server is down. let me know how much for the lockpick and your paypal address. also how soon can this stuff go out? im going out of town the first of the week and was hoping to have it by then

///MB
02-10-07, 09:02 PM
Sorry to bring this back again, but is anyone have problems with the rear camera? Once in a while, when in reverse, I get a "service rear vision system" message and when I put the car back into drive, the screen is blank. I have to restart the car for it to come back on. I remember reading some ppl had that problem, before I installed the module. Somebody said that his connectors were not pushed in all the way. I specifically pushed them in really hard so I'm not sure that's the only issue.

I've emailed coastaletech. But, does anyone have any ideas in the meantime?

Thanks.

cadymon
02-10-07, 10:29 PM
i have no issues what so ever:thumbsup:

benamaster
02-10-07, 11:40 PM
i have no issues what so ever:thumbsup:

When did you get it and how long have you had it installed for?

cadymon
02-10-07, 11:54 PM

i guess its been about a month ago.

///MB
02-11-07, 12:17 AM

I received mine and installed it on 1/26.

cadymon: do you know when yours was built? We got ours last June and it was one of the first ones. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the earlier builds.

cadymon
02-11-07, 01:36 AM
I received mine and installed it on 1/26.

cadymon: do you know when yours was built? We got ours last June and it was one of the first ones. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the earlier builds.

when i got my i called them direct and spoke to a guy and than i gave him all my info and that was it.:blurock:

w-r-g
02-11-07, 11:05 PM
Sorry to bring this back again, but is anyone have problems with the rear camera? Once in a while, when in reverse, I get a "service rear vision system" message and when I put the car back into drive, the screen is blank. I have to restart the car for it to come back on. I remember reading some ppl had that problem, before I installed the module. Somebody said that his connectors were not pushed in all the way. I specifically pushed them in really hard so I'm not sure that's the only issue.

I've emailed coastaletech. But, does anyone have any ideas in the meantime?

Thanks.

Same problem here. I recieved mine a couple weeks ago and installed it yesterday and am having the service rear vision system error every once in awhile. Everything works as it should but I do get that error at times. What is the fix?

cadymon
02-11-07, 11:09 PM
Same problem here. I recieved mine a couple weeks ago and installed it yesterday and am having the service rear vision system error every once in awhile. Everything works as it should but I do get that error at times. What is the fix?

you know what i had that come on once before like a month ago when i washed my car but after that no more

w-r-g
02-11-07, 11:11 PM
Well I am going to give it a few days but it did it once with me today and once with my wife. She is the once driveing it so I have to make it right or hear about it from now on :rant2:

///MB
02-12-07, 09:20 PM
I'm still waiting on a reply email from coastal tech. I'll let you know what they say.

cadymon
02-12-07, 10:01 PM
I'm still waiting on a reply email from coastal tech. I'll let you know what they say.

just call them:thumbsup:

trp63
02-13-07, 02:02 AM
They don't have a number on their website. They wouldn't even e-mail me back about my order that I never received. I canceled my order. Any company that does not respond and has issues with their products seems a little shady to me.

trp63
02-13-07, 02:05 AM
Oh, by the way my order was the pik for escalade, seems to have issues, the issues and poor response is why I canceled.

hcvone
02-13-07, 07:55 AM
I received very poor customer service.

///MB
02-13-07, 10:07 PM
I've emailed them with every issue I've had... it takes a few days but they did get back to me. They emailed me today to ask what dipswitch setting it was on and what manufacture date. Anyway, it's much easier, more informative and much faster to get a response from people on the boards. Thanks.

cadymon
02-13-07, 10:57 PM
Coastal Electronic Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 33518, Indialantic, FL 32903
Ph: (800)507-2234
support@coastaletech.com

i hope this helps:thumbsup:

nbomar
02-14-07, 12:24 PM
I ordered mine this week and will have it on Friday. I'll let you know how my install goes.

MarkMatthews
02-15-07, 02:21 PM
Installed mine yesterday, and it seems to work fine. But I think it caused me not to be able to turn of my fan. Normally with ac/heat on you can adjust the fan speed by hitting the up down button. Well now I cant turn the fan off by using the up down button, it just goes to the lowest setting but wont turn off.

hcvone
02-15-07, 04:46 PM
Someone else had their heat not work when they hooded up their lockpick, they took it out and everything worked fine.

Jackalope Eye
02-15-07, 07:04 PM
It screwed up my wipers.

MarkMatthews
02-15-07, 07:16 PM
Another problem with my lockpick, now my backup camera doesnt come on. Will they refund your money?

cadymon
02-15-07, 10:54 PM
i hope you guys did your install correct since i have no issue:bigroll:

hcvone
02-16-07, 07:59 AM
I did one install, and had a high end shop do the second, had problems with both, removed the lockpick and had no problems since. Installed the Ipod interface and it works great.

hcvone
02-16-07, 08:00 AM
Another problem with my lockpick, now my backup camera doesnt come on. Will they refund your money?

They refunded my money, it did take a couple a months, they are not the best for customer service.

cadymon
02-16-07, 04:54 PM
am i the only one who has a good one or did i just get lucky:)

benamaster
02-16-07, 05:06 PM
Some company needs to come out with a one of these Lockpicks that works with the Escalade's. I know the other Navigation is used in more vehicles but the Escalade's are still very popular. I just want to be able to enter destinations as i'm moving. I hate having to pull over.

cadymon
02-16-07, 05:12 PM
Some company needs to come out with a one of these Lockpicks that works with the Escalade's. I know the other Navigation is used in more vehicles but the Escalade's are still very popular. I just want to be able to enter destinations as i'm moving. I hate having to pull over.

i could put in my destination while im driving:thumbsup:

yourgmsolutions
02-16-07, 06:26 PM

I'm almost !00% positive if this is only what you want to use it for, all you need to do is to put switch for VSS wire

trp63
02-16-07, 08:35 PM
could you explain a little about the vss switch. All I want to do is to enter destination also.

yourgmsolutions
02-16-07, 08:56 PM
could you explain a little about the vss switch. All I want to do is to enter destination also.

if You take your radio out, You should see a brown plug. pin # 5 (green with white stripe is VSS wire.) cut it and add a toggle switch to it.
if that will work, don't keep it disconnected for too long, because Your navigation will get lost (it will not be accurate)

benamaster
02-16-07, 11:31 PM
I'm almost !00% positive if this is only what you want to use it for, all you need to do is to put switch for VSS wire

I know that works perfectly on my 2003 ESV. I just don't want to have everything go crazy in the new 2007 like what the Neucleus adapter did to my 2003. It seems like the Lockpick works perfectly on the Avalanches but not so perfect on the Escalade.

I thought that the VSS on the 2007's was on the databus.

MarkMatthews
02-21-07, 12:53 PM
Lockpick coming out. Ive had the heat not work, service rear camera, no camera coming on, radio automatically turns off, and truck cutting off. Other than that it works great. Watching movies isnt worth it.

benamaster
02-21-07, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know if Costal plans on comming out with an updated version that actually works? Or is NavTV going to come out with one that works too?

grantwest
02-22-07, 11:13 AM
I have had the same issues as most of you

#1 Coast Tec's customer service is very slow. They never answer the phone and E-mail's take a week or more to answer. And the worst part is when you listen to the message on there answering machine @ the end just before the beep its says " Have a Blessed Day" By then I want to throw the phone threw the wall.:want: Just kidding but it is frustrating.

#2 Everyonce in a while I also get the "SERVICE REAR CAMMERA" message on the screen. And yes I have to turn the car off and open the door to re-set the system. After that it works just fine.

#3 I push the Mute button the the stearing wheel 4 times to get my nav to un lock The window lock button does nothing. Im using dip switch setting #5 on my Late modle EXT november build date.

Someone said that the windshiled wipers didnt work? My windshiled wipers go on with out me doing anything once in a while they do a single wipe and then turn off.?

Over all I like the lockpick. I wish they had all the bug's worked out but what software dosent have bugg's these day's :)

nbomar
02-23-07, 11:41 AM
I installed mine a week ago today and it seems to be working fine. It did the service rear camera message the first time I cranked it up but other than that, it seems to be working fine. It does get some "fuzz" on the picture from time to time. It's usually not bad and only occurs when going from dead stopped to moving or vice versa. I'm wondering if it isn't the module starting to work and causing it to take a second to get going....??? Dunno but I'm satisfied.

steve841
03-01-10, 07:00 PM
If anyone is in the market, I have a used Gen 5 Lockpick for sale. $125.00 includes shipping.

Send me a PM if interested.

humberto
03-01-10, 08:23 PM
My lockpic works great here the hardest part was reinstalling the radio with the extra plugs and wiring behind the radio was very tight.Alot of guys are having problems with removing the panels if you have the right panel removers its very easy.Got mine from snap on.

thagift23
03-02-10, 07:31 AM
My lockpick works great. Best investment yet!

tnhotrod
03-13-10, 01:53 AM
My lock pick works good .. Use a plastic paint scraper to help get dash panels off without damaging them

Big Windy Ext
03-13-10, 07:22 PM
I lost my blue fusion bluetooth w/ my locpick . Other then that works great , even did the camera hook-up for a front camera , probably going to remove it , it gets annoying losing the display overtime you use the turn signal , or udder 8 mph the front camera comes on .