: Michigan members?

Rockafella
01-25-07, 08:39 PM
Anyone out there in West Michigan? I know it's not the right time of year for track days but anyone been to Gingerman? A group of us from work usually go twice a year. We've had an Evo, Vette, Audi A4, Maxima, 2 Ford Probes (one without a hood!), GTI, Saturn sedan, and a Ford Focus SVT.

Good times and got to see the preproduction Shelby Mustang (needs a Corsa, BAD!!!):usflag:

rand49er
01-25-07, 09:43 PM
I'm just west of South Lyon ... does that count?

Woody_MI
01-26-07, 02:48 AM
Holt (Lansing) here.

Rockafella
01-26-07, 05:10 PM
How's the weather over there today? I was in Auburn Hills on 1/25 and it was COLD but no snow. It was snowing in GR. But, today the sun was shining on the West side and I'm taking out the V.

rand49er
01-26-07, 08:56 PM
Too much liquid salt on the roads ... my V is sleeping. :D

ronr
01-28-07, 12:50 AM
I live in Grand Blanc but my V is spending the winter in Baroda (south of St. Joe).

I would definately be up for doing Gingerman when it warms up :)

iwinagn
01-28-07, 11:02 PM
i live in muir michigan which is about 40 mins from lansing.. i should be picking up a used 2006 stealth grey v in the next week or so once the dealer finds me one.. cant wait! now i just need to wait for magnaflow to get the 06-07 catback in and find a cai and ill be all set!!

rand49er
01-29-07, 06:57 AM
... now i just need to wait for magnaflow ... catback in and find a cai and ill be all set!!Oh no, no, no. You're just getting started!

:welcome: to V ownership and to this forum! BTW, my inlaws are from Portland, and my wife has relatives all over there plus Eagle and Grand Ledge.

Rockafella
01-29-07, 08:20 PM
i should be picking up a used 2006 stealth grey v in the next week or so once the dealer finds me one.. cant wait!

Hopefully the weather cooperates. I put a Corsa on mine and had to wait a week to drive it due to the snow.

Holland got about a foot of snow today while I was at work. Driving home was a trip. The V is staying home tomorrow and possibly longer........

Rockafella
01-29-07, 08:21 PM
I would definately be up for doing Gingerman when it warms up :)[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know when we go. :thumbsup:

rand49er
01-29-07, 08:59 PM
Okay, I give up, where's Gingerman? I definitely want to learn how to drive my car ... serious driving ... like with an instructor and all, so I'd be up for that if I can swing it with family responsiblities and all.

(While I'm waiting for your post, I'll do a search, too.)

Krug Ford
01-29-07, 09:04 PM
I am in Michigan does that count? I am a Vendor... :-)

rand49er
01-29-07, 09:39 PM
Okay, I give up, where's Gingerman? ...Hmm-m ... 154 miles one way. That's a long flatbed ride home if something bad happens ... but, then so is Grattan near GR, and I'm gonna do that if at all possible in September.

Rockafella
01-30-07, 08:07 PM
Hmm-m ... 154 miles one way. That's a long flatbed ride home if something bad happens ... but, then so is Grattan near GR, and I'm gonna do that if at all possible in September.

Looks like you found it. Gingerman is in South Haven, MI about an hour south of GR.

Last time I was there I had a 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro with the Sport package. It was a HEAVY car. The brakes maxed out the temp gauge that we had. The gauge read "HIGH" and finally came down to 480 degrees F. I needed new pads and eventually new tires. But it was fun :bouncy:

Rockafella
01-30-07, 08:08 PM
I am in Michigan does that count? I am a Vendor... :-)

That counts in my book!!!

rand49er
01-30-07, 08:56 PM
Hey, Rocky, when were you thinking of going? (Hopefully, after the snow melts. :) )

HiTechRV
01-30-07, 09:58 PM
Gingerman is supposed to be a great track with no walls to hit and cheap fees. Count me in.

Rockafella
02-01-07, 07:21 PM
Hey, Rocky, when were you thinking of going? (Hopefully, after the snow melts. :) )

Usually go mid-summer. Cost is $60 and we usually get three 15 minute sessions. About 20 laps or so. That was plenty for my Audi but I suspect that the V may be a little easier on brakes. I'll send out an invite to the list the next time I go.

rand49er
02-01-07, 07:50 PM
Usually go mid-summer. Cost is $60 and we usually get three 15 minute sessions. About 20 laps or so. That was plenty for my Audi but I suspect that the V may be a little easier on brakes. I'll send out an invite to the list the next time I go.Will my 4-year-old need a helmet while in his booster seat? :D

Seriously, put me on your list. :yup:

Krug Ford
02-01-07, 08:33 PM
I just got 6 CTS-V's in stock if you want to upgrade to a 2007.

I will have some more in the coming weeks..

I might have to make it to a track event one day soon.

Rockafella
02-02-07, 07:01 PM
I just got 6 CTS-V's in stock if you want to upgrade to a 2007.

I'd love to but you can't discount it enough to get into my price range. I had to buy a used 2004. Great condition though (17,000 miles).

Ryan's '05-V
02-02-07, 07:38 PM
Bring one of those new Vs to a track event and we can make sure the "demo" has been properly broken in. That's a real vendor.

Rockafella
02-03-07, 08:00 PM
rand49er,

Thanks for the PM but I can't reply until I write another 37 posts.

I like the fact that they have instructors for the track day. My Audi understeered so it was predictable. I have a feeling that the V is going to require a little more attention being that it is much quicker and oversteers.

I have a friend with an '05 GTO that may be interested too.

rand49er
02-03-07, 08:24 PM
rand49er,

Thanks for the PM but I can't reply until I write another 37 posts.

I like the fact that they have instructors for the track day. My Audi understeered so it was predictable. I have a feeling that the V is going to require a little more attention being that it is much quicker and oversteers.

I have a friend with an '05 GTO that may be interested too.Well, start postin', already.

Or, better yet, become a supporting member ... it's easy.

Back to Gingerman, how does that date look? Too early? About right? The snow should be almost gone about then. :D

Rockafella
02-03-07, 08:36 PM
The date looks a little early but the track is obviously open by then. Who knows with Michigan weather. What is the final date to sign up?

It seems to me that most of the Vette and Viper days are in May, June, and July.

We're finally out of the "Blizzard Warning." We've got a ton of snow. I'll probably install the skip shift tomorrow even though it'll be weeks before I can try it out. :helpless:

rand49er
02-03-07, 09:00 PM
... We're finally out of the "Blizzard Warning." We've got a ton of snow. I'll probably install the skip shift tomorrow even though it'll be weeks before I can try it out. :helpless:Yeah, you guys get a bunch more snow than we do. It's below zero here right now and windy, and we'll be "lucky" to see 4 for a "high" tomorrow. You're gonna freeze your everlovin' &%$*# off.

roadracerx72
02-05-07, 10:37 AM
Yeah, you guys get a bunch more snow than we do. It's below zero here right now and windy, and we'll be "lucky" to see 4 for a "high" tomorrow. You're gonna freeze your everlovin' &%$*# off.

Hey I'm from Michigan! Haslett to be exact. Class of 1985. Go Vikings!! Then I moved to Southern California. It's suppose to be 75 degrees today. I can remember like yesterday why I moved 21 years ago...
:hide:

rand49er
02-05-07, 01:14 PM
Hey I'm from Michigan! Haslett to be exact. Class of 1985. Go Vikings!! Then I moved to Southern California. It's suppose to be 75 degrees today. I can remember like yesterday why I moved 21 years ago...
:hide:Used to sail on Lake Lansing ... oh, those were the days ... before I met my X-wife.:cookoo:

A guy from Haslett I knew used to call it "Hasbeen." C'mon back for the Grand River Plant tour in few months being organized by Woody_MI. :thumbsup:

Krug Ford
02-05-07, 03:57 PM
I wish it was warm here so I can ride my motorcycle too... :-)

roadracerx72
02-05-07, 06:56 PM
Used to sail on Lake Lansing ... oh, those were the days ... before I met my X-wife.:cookoo:

A guy from Haslett I knew used to call it "Hasbeen." C'mon back for the Grand River Plant tour in few months being organized by Woody_MI. :thumbsup:

I'm waiting for the date so I can make arrangements. Sounds like it would be a good time.

My neighbors's son put his Maverick through the ice on Lake Lansing. I spent lots of time there with my X, which is now a French Language teacher at Fowllerville High. "Hasbeen" huh?, too bad...

rand49er
02-05-07, 07:18 PM
I'm waiting for the date so I can make arrangements. Sounds like it would be a good time. ... "Hasbeen" huh?, too bad...Can't wait to get together and do the tour of the plant.

Guy who made the "Hasbeen" comment was trying to be cool by knocking something else down ... very "junior high-ish." Haslett is a nice town!