: Aggressive Alignment & Tire Wear, Experiences, Etc.

tweeter81
01-25-07, 08:17 PM
Hey again,

One more quick question. For those of you who have gone with the aggressive street/track alignment posted on the FAQ, how does the car feel? Most importantly, do you notice a lot more tire wear, or uneven tire wear? Lastly, was it easy to find an alignment shop to make the changes, even with a lowered car? I will now stop throwing around questions, for awhile anyway.

:sneaky:

C.J.

Dreamin
01-26-07, 02:00 AM
I run almost exacly the track alignment on the street... and i'm getting very even wear across the tires (i.e. inside edge is not wearing faster than the rest of the tire)

Very happy with those setting (but, i may be biasd ;))

tweeter81
01-26-07, 12:14 PM
Dreamin,

So you would suggest actually going with the full track alignment. I am not opposed to this as I'm sure the handling is great and it probably makes the car sit more aggressively. How many miles do you have on the new alignment?

C.J.

tweeter81
01-26-07, 07:09 PM
I know there are more lowered Vs out there. There has to be some other people that have had to go to a more aggressive alignment. Chime in!!!

Dreamin
01-26-07, 09:14 PM
Dreamin,

So you would suggest actually going with the full track alignment. I am not opposed to this as I'm sure the handling is great and it probably makes the car sit more aggressively. How many miles do you have on the new alignment?

C.J.

double post

Dreamin
01-26-07, 09:16 PM
Dreamin,

C.J.

I'll check my paperwork, but as I recall, the max negative camber the shop could get out of my suspension was -1.7-1.8 deg. And no uneven tire wear running that much camber... I got 25K+ miles out of my last set, with a number of track days on them.

rgd
01-26-07, 11:27 PM
I know I have the max aggressive track allignment. I agree with Dreamin my tires wear very even. I have no track days on my street tiires either. My track tires are a different story though but thats because they never see any melow straight driving.

calicadi
01-27-07, 03:57 PM
My specs (abbreviated):

Front
Camber -1.3
Caster 5.0
Toe .02

Rear
Camber -2.0
Toe .07

No issues (so far) with wear and don't expect any. Except for the rear camber, these are within factory allowances. Handling is very precise. High-speed, straight-line driving does require a bit more attention. I wouldn't call it darty, but compared to sled-like handling of most cars that allow you to lapse into a comma on the freeway, these specs remind you you are a dring a car and not a couch.