: Cadillac STS-V engines hand built videos

MJDART
01-25-07, 03:28 PM
I came across this official Cadillac web site and they have video clips and one introduces the guy who hand assembles the STS-V & XLR-V engines. I used to work for General Motors and we had a guy at out plant who hand assembled each intake/fuel injection system for the Northstar Alante engines.
Anyway here it is 3 videos (Built in Michigan, V-Series engine build, & Cadillac hand-assembled engines). Scroll down to see the 3 vids, some other good stuff also.

http://www.mycadillacstory.com/

cossie1msu
01-25-07, 08:38 PM
Been there and meet that guy. The plant has a tour every year to the owners of Corvette Zo6's. Just so happens my girls father owns nine.....and i thought hot wheels were cool.

Its a sweet plant though not to big but all the engines for the sts-v, xlr-v and zo6 are hand built, from crankshaft to testing. It was really cool to see them test the engines. They also have a little hall with engines of all the corvettes untill today.

mocts
01-25-07, 09:41 PM
mjdart did you also post this at gminsidenews.com just wondering as i saw almost the same topic there.

MJDART
01-26-07, 12:22 PM
mjdart did you also post this at gminsidenews.com just wondering as i saw almost the same topic there

Yup, just sharing the news.

This is posted twice, moderators moved it here - came from CTS area

ssstealth
01-26-07, 11:34 PM
Any chance they are planning a STS-V/XLR-V homecoming day? That would be too cool!