: Everything you want to know about your CTS-V but...

rgd
01-25-07, 02:47 PM
were afraid to pay someone else to fix!
Just came in the mail yesterday, one day late.

rand49er
01-25-07, 02:52 PM
Two volumes for the dif and one for everything else. :D

rgd
01-25-07, 02:53 PM
7000 plus pages of Factory repair info.
$150.00....
Just what your local Cadi dealer wants.
A customer with a book tellling them what is wrong with their car!!

Hahahah...everyone here should have one. We could drive all the service departments across the US nuts!

:yup: thats right we could!!! :lildevil:

I apologize in advance to the (few) good dealerships around. Of which I might add I have right here in Newark/Fremont Ca. Signer Cadillac...

A+++ satisfaction rated by me anyway!!

50 4Ever
01-25-07, 02:54 PM
were afraid to pay someone else to fix!
Just came in the mail yesterday, one day late.

Some light reading I see.:histeric:

Bob, I got an email from TMR today that indicated they have already sold a few seasons passes to their 15 events this year. Are you one of the guys that splurged? What events are you going to do this year? Here's their schedule:

Infineon/Sears Point - Friday, March 16
Thunderhill - Friday, April 13
Thunderhill - Friday, May 11th
Reno/Fernley - Sat / Sun May 26th/27th (all 4.1 miles of track!)
Thunderhill - Friday, June 1
Infineon/Sears Point - Saturday, July 21st (Big track and Autocross)
Thunderhill - Sunday, July 29th
Thunderhill - Friday, August 10th
Thunderhill - Friday, Sept 21st
Thunderhill - Friday, October 12th
Thunderhill - Friday/Saturday, November 9th & 10th (TMR T-Hill Season Closer)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Thurs/Fri, Dec 6th & 7th (double header with the PCA)

rgd
01-25-07, 02:56 PM

Oh, you have a set!

rgd
01-25-07, 03:03 PM
Yep, that would be me! Everyone of those badboys. :sneaky: I may sell three if I choose per Doug.
I was at Laguna yesterday w/Speedventures.
My clutch went out third lap; :crying2: I drove 6 sessions in third gear! :o It was still fun enough to do an extra two sessions in the other run groups. :D

It was a bitch...Now I know exactly what it feel like to drive a Miata.

Some light reading I see.:histeric:

Bob, I got an email from TMR today that indicated they have already sold a few seasons passes to their 15 events this year. Are you one of the guys that splurged? What events are you going to do this year? Here's their schedule:
Infineon/Sears Point - Friday, March 16
Thunderhill - Friday, April 13
Thunderhill - Friday, May 11th
Reno/Fernley - Sat / Sun May 26th/27th (all 4.1 miles of track!)
Thunderhill - Friday, June 1
Infineon/Sears Point - Saturday, July 21st (Big track and Autocross)
Thunderhill - Sunday, July 29th
Thunderhill - Friday, August 10th
Thunderhill - Friday, Sept 21st
Thunderhill - Friday, October 12th
Thunderhill - Friday/Saturday, November 9th & 10th (TMR T-Hill Season Closer)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Thurs/Fri, Dec 6th & 7th (double header with the PCA)

rgd
01-25-07, 03:05 PM
Will work for Track! Were is my sign!

NEW77GUY
01-25-07, 03:20 PM
What the heck you got goin on there with your exhaust?? :confused:

nxlr8
01-25-07, 03:22 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth... :suspect:

50 4Ever
01-25-07, 03:31 PM

Laguna Seca has a sound monitoring station on the right side of the track, so diverting the exhaust to the left might save you. (92 db limit most days). You could get fined $1,000 a lap if you get black flagged and don't get off the track.

Bob, when I was down there they said you could request a sound check. I think you ought to do that sometime to see how loud you really are. I don't think you would be over the limit.

ctsvflorida
01-25-07, 03:53 PM

Now that's funny right there! Quote: Larry the cable guy!

dvandentop
01-25-07, 04:53 PM
how much and where did u pick up the set? i need some for my V

rgd
01-25-07, 05:15 PM
The limit is 92 and/or 90db on some days. I was there on the 8th, passed no problems with my exhaust tips pointing vertical left. (the sound check booth is on the right) Just yesterday 24th I was black flagged at 95.7db on the third lap. After pointing down more to the ground I passed at 87bd (full throttle 3rd gear/but thats a whole other story. When pointed left the sound bounces and goes back to booth. There are many factors that can change a sound reading from day to day, even minute to minute. Cloud cover, humitity, a car parked on the right behind the sound booth could help trap the sound and/or deflect it back to the booth. I worked with db levels in electronic systems selling fans for years, the littlest thing can change eveything.

At some power levels and RPM's the Corsa Exhaust pitch can be loud; but your right, I was pretty surprised I didn't pass.

Laguna Seca has a sound monitoring station on the right side of the track, so diverting the exhaust to the left might save you. (92 db limit most days). You could get fined $1,000 a lap if you get black flagged and don't get off the track.

Bob, when I was down there they said you could request a sound check. I think you ought to do that sometime to see how loud you really are. I don't think you would be over the limit.

rgd
01-25-07, 05:20 PM
books4cars.com 157.90 shipped 888-380-9277
I hope this isn't shameful, I'm not plugging these guys just trying to help a fellow V member.

how much and where did u pick up the set? i need some for my V

HiTechRV
01-25-07, 09:53 PM
I love the pics - a Caddi with 4 gumballs on a tiny trailer. Too good.

1QUICKV
01-25-07, 10:44 PM
yea but it looks as his bumper was on fire.

rgd
01-26-07, 11:17 PM
yea but it looks as his bumper was on fire.

Yea my bumper melted from the first set of sound benders i made. It was from the OEM exhaust that I cut up and made a half shell 90deg. It slipped and rotated up so the exhaust was directed right at the bumper. :thepan: It's a good thing I had already screwed the bumper anyway with the hitch. :bonkers:Before long I plan to trailer the car to the track anyway. I'll get a new bumper cover when I trailer the car.