: How much did you pay for your 2007 CTS-V?

ZCore
01-25-07, 01:23 PM
I'm trying to deal on a couple of these from different dealers but they aren't wanting to deal very well. I would just like an idea what people are paying.

stivzuno
01-25-07, 02:06 PM
I'm trying to deal on a couple of these from different dealers but they aren't wanting to deal very well. I would just like an idea what people are paying.
i dont want to post my papers on here but if you provide me with a e-mail ady i will share some numbers with you!! but your quotes are way to high!! STS-V goes for 900 a month!! 12k ayear 24 to 27 months should not be over 700!!
Call some dealers in Michigan ! you can fly up here and get your car with the savings !! 6 to 7 hour drive from Kentuky!! what do you have to loose.

ZCore
01-25-07, 02:09 PM
Sure thing. Would be greatly appreciated.

Lansing@fuse.net

HiTechRV
01-25-07, 09:17 PM
Call dealers near Warren Michigan.

05CTS
01-25-07, 09:38 PM
Why don't you call some of the supporting dealers on this site. Lindsey, Superior and Crown..something.

ZCore
01-26-07, 09:44 AM
Why don't you call some of the supporting dealers on this site. Lindsey, Superior and Crown..something.

I have contacted them also. But I would prefer to buy local. It would be hard for me to get the time to drive to them. (I have a trade in so I have to go there)

crazyjeff
01-26-07, 09:54 AM
Zcore
Please keep up dated on the quest and the #s you get

ZCore
01-26-07, 10:05 AM
Zcore
Please keep up dated on the quest and the #s you get

I will. I appreciate all the info on this board. Right now my local dealers are pretty much set that $863-$865 a month is the cheapest they can get it. That is a 24 month/15k year/$0 down lease. They say that is selling the car at invoice. So we'll see what happens.

ctsvflorida
01-26-07, 11:15 AM
I will. I appreciate all the info on this board. Right now my local dealers are pretty much set that $863-$865 a month is the cheapest they can get it. That is a 24 month/15k year/$0 down lease. They say that is selling the car at invoice. So we'll see what happens.

Let's do the math here! 2 years will cost you $20,712 with a pretty big 15k miles a year. An '05 with 30k miles is worth approx. $31k to sell on the street. That car new, discounted and bought correctly, was probably $45k plus tax so we'll estimate $3k for tax which you will recover none of if sold privately. If you trade it then it will $3k less anyway, so it's a wash! $48k is what one would pay approx. today. So, your car would be worth about $32k in two years and you would lose $16k! That's if you paid cash and no loan with interest! (interest over the two year period would be over $4k anyway with $5k down at 6%) With this lease, you put nothing out of pocket and the $4k difference is interest and convenience. Pretty much a no brainer to just chop them or any other dealer a few more bucks and go with the zero down lease!

This lease is actually better than an outright buy for $45k and that is if you can find one for $45k!

Isn't this easy?

ctsvflorida
01-26-07, 11:21 AM
You know, after all that figuring, I might just go and offer my car for sale and lease a new one as I have a lot of equity in my car! I am just not to sure if I want the LS2 over the LS6!? HMMMMMM!

The wheels are turning!

RamblinV
01-26-07, 11:55 AM
ZCore, Have you considered LeaseTrader.com? You can find some great deals on there. I don't see any 2007 models on there at the moment, but keep looking and one will pop up. Or, if you're not set on the 2007 then you can definitely find an '05 or '06 on there now. You said you're in Kentucky.... I see one listed right now in Ohio that looks pretty good. It's a 2005 with 5,900 miles on it, Black on Black. There are 22 months remaining on the lease, and the original lease was for 48,000 miles. So, there are 42,000 miles remaining for 22 months.... that's 1,900 miles per month! The lease payments are $670/month. That's a hell of a deal for the number of miles remaining. This is just one example, and of course there are others to be found as well.

I'm in a 2005 CTS-V that I found on LeaseTrader 2 years ago. When I took over the lease it was 2 months into it and the car had 900 miles on it. I'm paying $562/month for a 12,000 miles/year lease, and the only money out of my pocket up front was a $150 payment to LeaseTrader for their services and a $600 lease transfer fee to GMAC. The whole transfer process took about 3 weeks from the time I initially contacted the "seller" and the time that I took delivery of the vehicle. I haggled endlessly with local dealers, but could never get them down to the neighborhood of payments that I was willing to take on. The LeaseTrader experience was great for me! (Sorry if I sound like an advertisement here.... there are other similar services such as Swapalease, but I can't speak from personal experience with them.)

One other thing. You mentioned that you have a car you want to trade in.... obviously you would have to find another way to sell that on your own if you did the lease transfer option.

Hokie99
01-26-07, 12:06 PM
ZCore, Have you considered LeaseTrader.com? You can find some great deals on there. I don't see any 2007 models on there at the moment, but keep looking and one will pop up. Or, if you're not set on the 2007 then you can definitely find an '05 or '06 on there now. You said you're in Kentucky.... I see one listed right now in Ohio that looks pretty good. It's a 2005 with 5,900 miles on it, Black on Black. There are 22 months remaining on the lease, and the original lease was for 48,000 miles. So, there are 42,000 miles remaining for 22 months.... that's 1,900 miles per month! The lease payments are $670/month. That's a hell of a deal for the number of miles remaining. This is just one example, and of course there are others to be found as well.

Be careful with that one... not sure what kind of accident it was in but...

Has the car been involved in an accident? Yes
Has the vehicle undergone major repairs? Yes

RamblinV
01-26-07, 01:37 PM
Good catch Hokie! I didn't look at all of the details of the listing, but I definitely didn't notice that vital piece of information. That probably answers the question about why the car has such low mileage more than 2 years into the lease.

When I acquired my car through the lease transfer process I ran a CarFax report on it and also had it inspected by an independent 3rd party inspector, and everything came up clean. I would suggest the same for anyone who considers a lease transfer, because you definitely do not want to be stuck with someone else's problem when the time comes to turn in the vehicle at the end of the lease.

In my case, the guy was getting rid of the car because his wife made him do it. She couldn't operate a manual transmission, and therefore she did not like the car since she couldn't drive it. For me, that was a bonus (since my wife also cannot drive manual.) It's an easy way for me to keep her out of the driver's seat!

V-Smooth
01-26-07, 02:04 PM
I'm well under $700/mo on my 2006 (w/ $2k out of pocket at lease inception)

I'm considering the GM SmartBuy on my next car, hmm Z06 perhaps? :rolleyes:

ctsvflorida
01-26-07, 02:55 PM
I'm well under $700/mo on my 2006 (w/ $2k out of pocket at lease inception)

I'm considering the GM SmartBuy on my next car, hmm Z06 perhaps? :rolleyes:

If it works with those other high numbers then it obviously works better with these numbers but I am sure you do not have 15k miles allowance per year and the $2000 out of pocket equates to $83 per month difference and how many months is your lease for? Many particulars here!

V-Smooth
01-26-07, 04:50 PM
39 month ~ 12k miles per year

I don't drive the car that much to need anything over 12k per year but I'm pretty damn sure that I could have gotten 15k. I've bought several other cars from this dealership so keep that in mind too. A standing relationship with a dealership is a good thing.

BadCad
01-26-07, 05:39 PM
local dealer here has a '07 platinum STS-V with $18K off sticker. also a black XLR with $15K off sticker, but that one doesn't count.

ctsvflorida
01-26-07, 05:52 PM
39 month ~ 12k miles per year

I don't drive the car that much to need anything over 12k per year but I'm pretty damn sure that I could have gotten 15k. I've bought several other cars from this dealership so keep that in mind too. A standing relationship with a dealership is a good thing.

39 Month compared to 24 month is a HUGE difference! His deal is actually looking better by the minute!

One more thing, 3k miles more a year would equate to, in your case, 9100 more miles allowed and would cost you, or anybody else, at least $1200 bucks more total and probably more like $2000 bucks more total for the lease! Put that in your payments and that would be how much more your payment would be for the extra mileage!

dannystang
01-26-07, 06:41 PM
Or...

You could buy my V?

Krug Ford
01-26-07, 08:48 PM
some cases you have to pay a new tax on that payment. watch it before you do it.